my new xbox one making odd noise followed by crash

https://youtu.be/pyYesQQxxbg

I video captured the noise followed by the crash.  Wondering if this is normal or if there is something critically wrong with my new xbox one.  Its roughly 30 days old.  It has happened while trying to load Elder scrolls online and during a multiplayer battle in Halo.   All times it is like the system freezes followed by a crash.  Please advise on what to do.  Thanks.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:
Answer

Hey there! I would definetly reach out to Amazon ASAP to see what their return policy is. If they cannot exchange it I would recommend following the link to the Xbox Service Center I posted above. If that is the case, you could try some troubleshooting as the OS could be the issue (I've never seen that personally).

Step one: Try a hard reset. To do this, with the console on hold down the power button for 5-10 seconds. After that the console will quickly shut off. Turn the console on, and expect a bit longer boot up.. See if the issue keeps happening.

Step 2: Factory Reset. You will not lose any game saves or dash settings as they're all saved in the cloud provided you keep your console online. You will need to reinstall your games.

If those do not work, like I said it's likely some sort of hardware failure.

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi White Tyrone1, 

Sorry to hear your new Xbox is having issues. From watching the video, it's pretty hard to tell what the noise is. That said it doesn't sound normal. If your console is only 30 days old I would check with the retailer about getting an exchange. If you cannot get an exchange, see the link below to have the console replaced via warranty. Also as you're under 45 days, take a look at Microsoft Complete Care. 

Xbox Service Center

Complete Care

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.