My new Gears console is broken in numerous ways.

It keeps freezing for long periods of time while navigating the dashboard, and sometimes when I try to load a game. It also won't let me download any Rock band songs for some reason, songs that weren't able to be transfered either. My avatar and gamerscore will randomly not load as well. It also got insanely hot, but it still doesn't work right when it's cooled down. 

What the hell is wrong with it? I just got it today, obviously. I already transfered my licenses to it as well. I'm assuming I'm gonna have to get a new one, but I went through so much work setting this one up I'd love to hear a fix.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Definitely return the xbox to the store for a new one.  As for the licenses, when you get the new console call support and they will be able to arrange a new license transfer for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you can easily exchange it at your retailer that's the best option at this point. If not, try pulling the HDD from the console. Use a USB MU or another HDD temporarily. If that resolves the issue it's probably just a faulty HDD.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I ended up trading it in, hassle free. Still super annoying, but the new one works flawlessly.

Sorry this didn't help.