My microsoft points are missing from my account!

So, I just upgraded to the xbox live family gold pack, which gives you 4 xbox live gold accounts for 12 months for $99. at this time, I had about 2300 microsoft points in my account. The next day, I am browsing the marketplace and i see a huge number of microsoft points on my account: 6100.

i did a little research and found out that I got these points as a bonus for signing up for the family pack. so to be fair I transferred some to my brother's account. 1600 to be exact. leaving me with 4500.

today, I get on and instead of having 4500 like i should, I only have 2320. so, i headed over to https://billing.microsoft.com and looked at my history. Instead of it showing that i ever had 6100 points, it says the max i ever had is 3920. and then it says i gave 1600 away leaving me with 2320.

now i just received an email saying i transferred 1600 points from my account to my brothers and it says my new balance is 4500 points!  However on my account it says i only have 2320 points...

how do i fix this? it stole over 2000 microsoft points from me! like $30.

i think im just gonna call 1800-4-my-xbox tomorrow when i get time, but has this ever happened to anyone else and how can this be fixed?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

There was a glitch where people got more MS points than they should have. Microsoft have fixed it by taking the additional points, so that's why it's saying you have less. (Since you also transferred some points to your bother's account)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.