My Long Used Acct Suspended due to "payment issues"

My Three year old XBL account has been suspended(GT: oooh eem gee) due to payment issues. Reading stuff from the Web I've seen since I used a creditcard to buy a XBL subscription if it were to be canceled or max out and I have no good credit card linked to my account then it gets suspended even after the fact I was billed for a year subscription 2 months prior. Now my XBL account is suspended for and unnamed amount of time with 10 months of XBL going and I updated it with a new credit card last night which hasn't done anything. Would someone please help me!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I had a situation similar to yours before.  I had my debit card linked to my account, and it was set to auto-renew.  I did not want it to auto-renew, and the only way to cancel the auto-renew was to go through the painful process of calling Microsoft.  No option on the website or console to disable it.

I had no money on my debit card and didn't want it to get charged, so I took a pre-paid credit card I had and put that on my account, thinking that the charge wouldn't go through, and they'd forget about my auto-renewal and everything would be dandy.  Instead, even though the charge wouldn't go through, they still gave me the LIVE and kept sending me e-mails that my credit card wasn't working, which I just ignored.

After about a month of that, they sent me an e-mail saying that if I don't put a valid payment option on my account they would suspend it.  i paid attention to that.  So I went out and bought a 12 month card.  I tried to redeem it but couldn't until I put a valid payment option on the account, so I put my debit card back on.  They told me that they wouldn't charge the card, but as soon as I did they put a 12 month live subscription on it, which pissed me off as I had just bought a 12 month pre-paid card.  I then had 2 years of LIVE.

Not sure if that helps with your problem, probably not.  I would suggest putting a new payment option on the account which you say you've already done.  

Our situations appear to be different as your account was actually suspended, and mine just threatened.  Good luck, wish I could help more. Maybe try calling Microsoft.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Go to billing.microsoft.com and see if you've got an outstanding balance. If you do you need to pay that off before you can do anything else. Note that using a pre paid code does not clear the balance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.