My locked account cant add points

So I was a victim of the Fifa 12 thing where someone steals your points. I called them last night and I guess they locked my account and I was never told about it. Today I bought 1600 points to download the MW3 dlc  and come to find out since my account is locked I cannot add any points.

My question is if I use my friends gamertag to download the maps to my console will my main gamertag be able to use that dlc when it gets unlocked?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="RinkRat16173"]My question is if I use my friends gamertag[/quote]You are prohibited from doing this as per the Terms of Use. Accounts are only usable by the owner of the account.[quote]to download the maps to my console will my main gamertag be able to use that dlc when it gets unlocked?[/quote]If your friend were to come over to your house and buy the content using his tag, then download the DLC to your console, the console license would bind to your console. He can still use the DLC on his console, however he'll have to be logged into Live to do so.

Or another option would be to create a "dummy" account with another email address.  Add the points to it and then get the DLC.  The content belongs to you and you can access it with other tags on your console.

Once the investigation is over and your account is unlocked or returned to you (barring any other findings or details) you should be able to add points at a later time.  A friend of mine did not have his account locked for long.  Maybe wait it out and see.

Thank you very much. I just did the dummy account thing. Works