My information was stolen and now I can't us my account for 25 days?

This has to be some kind of joke. My account info was stolen a few weeks ago and someone bought 10,000 points. I called and had them suspend my account so nothing else would get purchased. I did this figuring when I got out of work I could call them up, change my password, and change my credit card info and we'd be all set. Apparently this is not the case here at xbox, and despite me doing absolutely nothing I have to have my account suspended for at least 25 days while they look into it. Not only is this complete failure of customer service, but I was left out of the loop as they did it to me. It's not like two of the biggest games of the year came out this week and I can't play them online/get achievements/keep my save files. If anyone wants a 20gb elite and a bunch of games PM me. I'll accept trades for a PS3. At least when people steal your info at Sony they give it back to you.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

'tis unfortunate you weren't notified upfront that when filing a UA your account would most likely be locked out.  Not all accounts are locked out however since I am able to write this response.  I imagine MS isn't even looking at my UA filing at this point and have placed it in "limbo".

At most you can request credit for time lost, almost 1/12th of your year subscription, if they don't automatically offer it when your UA is completed.  Beyond that, sit and wait.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Why the hell can't they just give me my password. This is completely their fault. To make it even worse I had to make a new account to post on this forum because THEY *** LOCKED MINE FOR 25 days.

Hey Microsoft, this is absolutely no way to treat a customer that spends 100's of dollars a year on your products.

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you ask for them to recover the 10,000 points?  I'm surprised they pushed the issue if you weren't asking for them to recover the points.  

In that case it's like you said,  they should have helped you change your pass and Email combo and new credit card and left it be.  

I guess it's just standard procedure.

Don't worry about gaining achievements and save games though.   Unless you plan on getting a secondary live account to play online.  

When you account is suspended you just lose access to multiplayer privileges and I don't think you can buy content in the store.  However you can still sign in to your account, and play and get cheevos.  So don't sweat that part of it.

I just got my account back after 2 months, hopefully you get luckier.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, but you MUST be mistaken, Origami.  After all, it "only" takes 25 days.  MS has said it so it must be so.  You must be mistaken.  [/sarcasm]

Sorry this didn't help.

when an account is comprimised the proccedure is to lock the account to prevent changes to the account that could cost you recovery of the account

if you want to dispute charges which if someone recover your account or purchased via the website thats what billing lock is for for unauthorized purchases

but if your account has been comprimised and the account info is changed enough for someone to reset the info like a normal phisher does

then you need to lock it down and let xbox reset the info

(after which you should change the reset info )

and no they cannot give you the password

once the investigation and security of the account is done you will not receive the password but reset link which allows you and ONLY you to know the password

xbox support does not store passwords never will

Sorry this didn't help.