My husband and son have been banned from using xbox live please can you help.

We have been away on holiday and when we returned my husband went to go onto xbox live however it states that we are now banned from using this service.  We can not understand why.  The console that we have was purchased new and has never had any modifications completed on it.  We are not very technical and wouldnt have a clue where to start with doing any other mod things that it talks about.  Has my account ben hacked into?  Is it possible to find out why it was blocked?  Is there an appeal process?  Is there a complaints process?  Can I be refunded the money that I have only just paid out for the Gold membership?  Who do I need to speak to?  I understand that there needs to be rules but thought i lived in a country in which you were innocent until proven guilty and I can hand on heart say that we are innocent.  I would gladly welcome anyone from Microsoft into my home so that they are able to demonstrate to me how we have violated any rules. 

The gamertag to which i refer is:  safcgeodev

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If this is an account ban then you can query it here 14 - My LIVE account was suspended.

However if your console is banned then I'm afraid there is nothing anyone can do. Microsoft don't discuss console bans, so when one happens it is permanent. The most anyone can do is point you to this link Console Suspensions

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am going thru the same thing!!! I have phoned and spoken to XBOX support and they keep telling me my son must have breached the code or tampered with the box!! He would have no idea how to and he is not the one swearing and being rude on it.I have spoken to the manager of xbox support and they keep saying no appeals and the console is banned for Life. I asked for a refund of gold membership and they have said to bad..I have told them is must be illegal and I have asked them to esculate it as I believe the account has been hacked but no-one will give me any numbers of emails for the so called enforcement team. We are taking it the media next step.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft can tell on what console a tag has been used. So if the profile had been 'hacked' and used on another 360, Microsoft would have known that and not taken again against your console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you all for your responses.  I am finding this whole thing very distressful.  Very much like your case sr wogboy10, my son is 10 and although he is no angel he would never be abusive to anyone.  I think if he was that we should at least be advised before hand.  To be honest i couldnt afford to pay for this live thing in the first place so this is a real kick in the teeth.  It is so difficult contacting anyone to discuss it with and feel that we are being punished for a crime we have not commited.  I am sure that I must have some sort of rights.  It has been suggested that as there is a football team in his tag that maybe he has been targeted as a result of this. Surely the people at Microsoft have some sort of safeguard re this.  Let me know how you gt on with the media.  I have emailed as many people who i can think of foradvise.  My bosses husband is a solictor so i am going to seek some advise off him.  Good luck

Sorry this didn't help.

I doubt this is because of his choice of football team.

One complaint or one thousand, if you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear. The process is not automated, Microsoft only suspend or ban after an investigation by a member of the Enforcement team.

As mentioned elsewhere, the only people who can answer your query are the Enforcement team and they don't answer questions about console bans. So everyone is at an impasse at the moment. 

Sorry this didn't help.

If the "Enforcement Team" is so confident about their decision then why are they so afraid to document their decision with specific information?

Sorry this didn't help.

Now that machineboy360 is what we'd all like to know.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sorry for your luck but rest assured your not alone.I was banned Friday 2nd September.

The give you an address that you can write to to get a reason it is listed here:

The attention of:Policy Enforcement department

Microsoft UK headquarters

Microsoft Campus

Thames Valley Park Redding RG6 1WG. and if you have no joy on that front then there is a law office currently filing suit against them for this reason.Links is here www.abingtonlaw.com/Xbox-Live-class-action.html

Sorry this didn't help.