My household network was changed and now I have 2 but the one that I am supposed to use doesn't work. Help?

The title says part of it but here is the thing. We were having internet issues with the router so my father called the company and they made a new network so he has one for him and my mom and me and my sisters use the guest one. The problem is that when I test the connection it passes the first part but it fails to connect to the internet. I also checked on the info of the internet and it said that it is unsecured. It shows it on my computer as well but when I connect it tells me that I need additional info to log in and when I go to some website it sends me to the site where I am supposed to put my password. It works perfectly with my computer; on the other hand, it doesn't for the xbox. I am not sure if I am supposed to put the password in the PPPoE part but I did and then it says that I cannot connect to the network which is the first part. Can we use xbox live on a guest network like cisco? And how do I get it to work?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 84 Applies to:

Hey there, OpTic Liebe! I'm very sorry to see any connection issues. This thread is over 3 years old, and for Xbox 360. If you need further assistance, please post up in our Connecting to Xbox Live on Xbox One forums detailing what you're running into, your modem and router manufacturer and models, and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well with the Xbox One that is.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem...

Sorry this didn't help.

If you own a computer relatively close to the xbox you are using then I know how to fix your problem. It is not pretty but it works. First of all you will need an ethernet cable. This needs to be plugged from xbox into your computer's ethernet port, located on the back of the tower or on the side if you are using a laptop. Next you need to follow this path Start button -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center. From the Network and Sharing Center you will see a column on the left that has other paths. Click on Change adapter settings. At this point there are two ways to go about this. Either make your Wireless Network Connection shared (Right click on, go to properties->sharing, share with local area connection) or bridge the LAN adater to the Wireless Adapter. The latter search youtube how to do.  

Sorry this didn't help.

As the Xbox 360 does not currently have a browser you will not be able to log in to a guest network that requires visiting a website to access the internet. The Xbox should be connected to the main network and not the guest network.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, we're going to need as much info as possible to help. Please take a few minutes to answer the bold questions here

Sorry this didn't help.