My Hard Drive is unformatted?

So a fair few of my previous posts have been about Status Codes corralating with hard drive failure or my hard drive not farmatting once entering in the serial number.
For the past month my Xbox has been working perfectly; Xbox Live worked, games installed and I hundreds of hours of gameplay on Forza 4 and Transformers Fall of Cybertron.

Yesterday, I made a map in forge in Halo Reach, saved everything properly and turned off my console. Turning it back on, it was slow to load and once I got the console running; found that the hard drive was "Unformatted"
I didn't give the console permission to format itself or touch anything and as far as I'm concerned, I didn't turn off while it was saving data.

What is up Xbox Support staff? Have I well an truely lost all save files, data and game progress or is there still hope? I'm not touching my console until I get an answer, instead choosing to read. Please respond!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

this issue has happened to multiple people since the new hardware update for xbox live,  there is still hope but you will need to contact customer service with this issue immediately.  you should still be able to copy your hard drive files to a flash drive or by using a transfer cable to a new xbox but I believe this is an issue that microsoft is responsible for so you shoul contact them by phone at 18004MYXBOX

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Pierce2715! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles here. Let's see what we can do! Have you tried to remove and re-insert your HDD by following the directions in our support.xbox.com article Add or remove an Xbox 360 Hard Drive? Let us know once you've tried that step!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Miss Kleo, yes I have now tried that step twice and it has not worked. The hard drive is still labelled as "Unformatted" and the Xbox is still taking a long time to load. What's the next troubleshooting step?

Sorry this didn't help.

There really wouldn't be a next troubleshooting step if you've tried to remove the hard drive and plugged it back in and it's still showing as unformatted then you'd need to format it to continue use, unfortunately.

If this probably happens again you'd need to get the hard drive exchanged if your console is still under warranty. As far as data on the hard drive, that would be lost and unrecoverable unless you had your games saved in cloud storage.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Support Staff! While this is not the answer I wanted to see, at least it is a confirmed answer.

Is there anyway to ensure it's the hard drive's fault for glitching and not the console?

Sorry this didn't help.