My guilty Zoo Tycoon shame

Don't know if I'm getting over excited for the Xbox One, but I've just ordered Zoo Tycoon. Why so guilty you ask? Well truth is I've just turned 50 and can't claim its for my kids as they are 14 and think I'm a sad $*@ for getting it. In my defence, I have also got FIFA 14, RYSE, BF4 & Assassin's Creed Black Flag ordered too.

Tell me I'm not alone.....lol

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Don't feel guilty dude, I'm 37 and I really like the look of Zoo Tycoon.

Your not alone! It looks like a lot of fun and different from the normal open world, shooters, and RPGs!

As long as you have fun playing the game, it doesn't matter what it is.  I have more fun replaying Banjo-Kazooie than I do with most current gen "AAA" games.

i am getting it too but its for the other members of my family i am still trying to find out what game I want

No shame. I enjoy wasting away on my time on minecraft from time to tine. Have fun!

that is one of my 3 day one games...  

Thanks everyone, I like to have a variety of things to play and I do like building games like Minecraft and I am hoping you can  go into far more detailed designs and layouts than have so far been shown in videos

Don't feel bad. I'm getting Zoo Tycoon for the kids, but I'm sure I'll be playing just as much as them, if not more. I love sim stuff like that. Never got into the whole minecraft craze just because I wasn't into the whole 8 bit graphics look, but Zoo Tycoon looks like it'll be a lot of fun and relaxing after playing Forza.

If someone takes up issue with you playing Zoo Tycoon (or any other game for that matter), the problem lies with them, not with you. ;)

While it certainly doesn't appeal to me, I find it laughable that you could think of being ashamed. The fact that there are still people who ignore or avoid mainstream in favour of fun and personal preference is a wonderful thing. If they were to re-release 007 Nightfire for the Xbox One, you wouldn't see me for dust. We like what we like. That's what makes us Gamers.