My gamertag was banned but then someone else got it

OK, I'll try not to be frustrated as I type this.
After calling customer service at 1-800-4MYXBOX, I was given a Service Request number: 1157301790 and was advised to bring my complaint to the forum here.

A few years ago, I had the name ZOMBIEholocaust on xbox live. all spelled out normally, with no spaces. 
I was happy with this name, but eventually someone complained  about it, I guess, and it got banned.
Well, today I was able to send a friend request to ZombieHolocaust, someone who has been on xbox LIVE for 3 years (unknown how long this has been their name, though). 

My question is this: Why was my named deleted/banned, yet they are able to just take it over and keep playing with it??

I was not charged to change my name, but i was certainly forced to do so.

My current gamertag is A Dainty Teacup (i feel its fun/funny to murder folks on CoD games with a name like this)

So, can I either have my name back, or be credited the 800 Microsoft points that I spent to change my name from MARSvoltage (another old name of mine) to ZOMBIEholocaust (which was unjustly banned and then allowed for someone else)

Thank you for your attention, any response is appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Such as?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

First do not bump threads from 3 years ago.  Second they changed the policy cause too many people abused the the free name change.  Now they change it for you for free but you have to pay to change it to something else sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe Holocaust is what got it changed or banned since it refers to events in time or something like that. That in turn violates the CoC.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are looking to get information about your FNC, please contact the Enforcers in the Suspension Forum (forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx). Other than that, there's really nothing we can do for you here. Sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

Read the COC to understand why you cant reference the holocaust in your name or profile.  You simply can't bring up topics of a sensitive manner hence you were given a Forced name change to make it go away.  If someone has a variation, or through some vodo the same name feel free to report that name so it can recieve the same proper fnc.  Support told you to come here to make you go away, since fnc's are perminate and not up for debate.  

Sorry this didn't help.

his name is spelled exactly the same. there are no misspellings or numbers. the only difference is the capitalization.

my name was ZOMBIEholocaust

his name is ZombieHolocaust

i just mainly wanted to see if i could get my name back. there arent any details left out of my story, Dutch, and if you're going to steer the conversation in that direction I would appreciate it if you just didn't participate.

holocaust means a great or complete devastation or destruction, and only refers to the despicable events of the 1940's when preceded by the word 'the'.

ive seen xbox achievements with more insulting titles than my name ZOMBIEholocaust. i still want my name back. i dont need a refund or anything, just give me the name i spent points original to obtain, that's all.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your account was banned for the gamertag, then you would have been forced to change it to a different tag. No microsoft points used.

You will not be credited microsoft points that you didn't use, I'm sorry.

When a gamertag is banned from use, It is banned from use by all players. So either there is a mistake in your story somewhere, or you're not telling us the entire truth as to why you were banned.

Sorry this didn't help.

My name was banned but I wasn't given a free change they just turned it to "lovelycalf1928." and when I called to complain they just talked about the terms and agreements and thanked me for the money basically.  I paid for the name of my choice and they didn't like it and assigned me one. In a nutshell Microsoft just stole 10$ from me legally. Real nice MS its like you don't want customers.

Sorry this didn't help.

In short no & no. The person currently with that name is going to meet with a FNC at some point and there's no refunds for anything on XBL.

Sorry this didn't help.