My gamertag may be breaking rules - what to do?

It has been pointed out to me that my gamertag may cause problems and sure enough, after posting on the official forza forums yesterday, I received a message that my gamertag was considered offensive and broke the xbox rules and as such I am now banned from those forums and have been reported to some enforcement thing or other.

I should make clear that the "fannymites" tag is an old pet name given to me by an ex a long time ago and is in no way intended to be offensive.  I am just so used to it that I simply do not notice the words and what they mean.

So yes, I do now realise that it could be offensive to some so the question is, what can I do about it?

Being a bit of a skinflint I don't like the idea of using precious points to change the tag.  I would be changing it to suit others really rather than changing it on a whim so is there any way around that?

If I just sit it out and wait, how long is it likely to take for MS' enforcement people to lock it and force me to change it (for which, if I understand correctly, there is no charge)?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

No idea but you really don't want a FNC against your name.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What is FNC?

<EDIT>

Nevermid, I google'd it :)

I'll maybe try contacting them directly and see what they have to say.

Sorry this didn't help.

If a xbl forum has banned you for your GT you will prob have a fnc - thus getting you unbanned from them - I personal think its a funny GT - but Fanny could be construed as many things..

Sorry this didn't help.