My gamertag is gone

I was playing my 360 earlier today and everything was fine.  I turned it off for about 4 hours and when I came back, my profile doesn't exist on my Xbox anymore.  When I try to download it, it says that it cant download profiles right now.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 306 Applies to:

Hi SHINEDOWN 313,

Can you check your storage device and see if there is a corrupt profile sitting in that area?

You can do so by going to your Dashboard > Settings > System > Storage > Select your storage device > Gamer Profiles > Look for anything that has a corrupt symbol on it ( ! )

If you end up finding something with that symbol, press A on that profile and go to Delete. You should receive a pop-up asking you to either Delete the Profile, or Delete the Profile plus the items. Please make sure to delete the profile only.

After that's done, simply re-download the profile and it should be working fine.

Let me know if you don't see any sort of corrupted profiles, or any profiles in the storage device any longer, I'll post some more steps if that is the case. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My son is having the same problem. It just disappeared. We looked for any any corrupt symbols and there were none. Can you tell me what I can try next? Thanks!

R.D.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there NeedlessNewt523,

Since this is an older thread, I thought I would jump in. Please try this guide to add your profile onto the Xbox 360 and see if it helps with getting the account back, it may have just been removed on accident. How to add or remove an Xbox profile on Xbox 360.

If it doesn't work, please create a new post so that the community can provide specific support to your problem. :)

Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.