my gamertag has to be changed... there is nothing bad about it

i talked to a rep on the phone, becuz today i went on live and the screen says i need to chiange my gamertag... my gamertag, jihadihadi, is my nickname "ji" with my real name "hadi" twice. i will not change my gamertag, i want the xbox enforce team to leave my account alone. the rep says that only you guys on the forums can change it. please hurry, you are wasting my time and yours

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I believe regardless of the supplied facts that your current GT is comprised of portions of your first and last name, the obvious reference or word within can be deemed offensive and thus requires you to undergo a FNC.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The Enforcement Team, those who issue Forced Name Changes only view this part of the forum forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx.

-

You can try and plead your case to them there but I am assuming the reason they want you to change your gamertag is because of the start being 'jihad', a term which has unfortunately taken on a negative meaning to many.

Sorry this didn't help.

The enforcement team is simply using their judgement based on what is possibly one or more complaints about the nature of your gamertag.  It kind of crosses 2 boundaries in the Code of Conduct:

•Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that other users may be offended by. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities.

•Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that references controversial religious topics, notorious people, organizations, or sensitive current or historical events that may be considered inappropriate.

Sorry this didn't help.