My gamertag has changed name overnight??

Hi all just got my gamertag back as I had used a old email which had been void so after some stuffing around with ms , I had to start a new email to link it to , great it was fixed finally had it for about 4 days woke up logged in and my gamertag was gone with all my friends and 43k gamerscore plus its nearly a 10 year old GT...

In its place was this stinkyhalo ***, the cause of this stuff up is their overseas help lines, I'm on the verge of deleting all my MS *** selling my xboxone and going to PS4...... its free and I wont have any problems that IM paying for......

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

what was the original email address that was tied to your gamertag? sounds like instead of changing the email linked to your gamertag, you created an entire new acct and that gamertag is the autogenerated one (horrible one at that lol) what youll need to do is go to account.live.com, sign in using the original email address (if you know the password) and go to security, click add alias, in use existing email part, add ur email. after that youll need to go to ur email and verify it then click make primary and remove the old one. (sounds like a lot more then it really is)

Since you've already tied ur email to another gamertag, ur going to need to start by signing into account.live.com with that email address and password, go to security, click add alias, and on the top line create a new email (itll have to be either outlook.com, live.com, or hotmail.com but it doesn't matter what it is, you wont be needing to keep the account anyways if you don't want this gamertag) click make primary then remove the actual email address ur trying to use.

If you cannot remember the password to sign in with the original email tied to ur gamertag then on that site click cant access my account and go through the steps till it trys sending you a code, if you cannot use those proofs select I don't have these anymore. Enter a contact email address and go through the questionnaire. youll receive an email back either with a reset link or itll say you don't have enough info, if you get one that says you don't have enough info youll need to call xbox support to have them escalate it (should only take a couple days to fix)

Hope this helps =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

either that or ur signing in with the wrong email address..maybe when you changed the email address there could have been a typo?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi just got a email from the xbox avocacy team stating what they have already told me the email linked to the gamertag is not a valid email anymore and that I need to start a new ms account to link it together If you can help speed things up I can give you the Service Request Number.

Sorry this didn't help.

Never post your Service Request numbers on the forums. Those are strictly for between you and whatever Customer Support representative you get on the phone. If you're still having problems and you want to find out what steps you need to take with the information the Customer Advocacy team gave you, your best bet would be to call Customer Support at 1-800-469-9269 or 1-800-4MY-XBOX and speak to the Xbox One Account Management department. Give them your service request number and briefly explain what steps you've taken so far.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

Also FYI the PSN network is no longer free- its the same cost as XBL

Sorry this didn't help.