My gamertag changed on me

I was recently trying to download my gamertag/account onto my boyfriend's new xbox, and I was able to sign in, but for some reason it's not the right account. My gamertag is supposed to be sylanya, and instead it says VerbalCone2 (something I would never choose for myself O_o). I also have no access to any of my history, friends, apps, nothing. How did this happen?  And is there a way to recover the sylanya account with all of my history and activity? I really don't want to have to start over from scratch and make a new account! How can this be fixed?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It sounds like the gamertag that came up is a pregenerated xbox live tag. Which probably means that the email address that you signed in with isn't the email address that is attached to your correct gamertag. The xbox system doesn't allow for two gamertags on the same email address.

So, if you are unsure of the email address that you should be using, then give the agents at xbox a call at 1-800-4-MYXB OX, and with verification of the infomation on your account, they will be able to give you the email address that you should be using to log into your old gamertag. And, should you not remember the password that you used, they will be able to walk you through the password reset options!

Hope this helps you out!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems we may have used the wrong email to download the profile.

Are you able to sign into your profile still on your own xbox?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.