My gamerscore was hacked!

I just got home from a week trip to Pittsburgh and I just turned my xbox on and I went to go play halo reach and my gamerscore was now 10,000 and my cousin said that he was the one that modded it and i called xbox and they said come here and say that I called 1159873756 and tell them that I want to get reset back to 0 gamerscore and I was woundering if you can do this and not bann me because i did not do this.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You're going to get reset to 0 and labeled as a cheater. possibly banned for system tampering.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, you are responsible for your own account, so you have to pay the price. Unfortunately you will not be able to achieve the recent achievements before the reset ever again on that account. I suggest starting over on a different account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your account is your responsibility at all times. There are tools on the console to prevent unauthorized access. For future reference if you leave for more than a day at a time you should move your profile to a USB flash drive and either take it with you or lock it up someplace safe.

The following is what will happen to your account:   Gamerscore Corrections http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/cheating

If you ever want to earn achievements again on any games played prior to the upcoming reset then you will need to create a new account and start over. As long as you do not change consoles the other account(s) on the console will be able to share content, avatar items excluded.

I would recommend you make sure your cousin isn't allowed to use your console and/or account. You may even want to have him pay for your new account (if he is the one who did the alteration).

Sorry this didn't help.

Putting you profile on a flashdrive and locking it wont do squat. Once a hacker gets hold of your email and password (which my nephew is dealing with right now) they can retrieve your profile account no matter how tight you have your usb stick locked up. What i dont understand is why would someone steal my nephews profile and then add like 60k in achievements to it? I told him to create a new account and then I'll add him back to my family plan.

Sorry this didn't help.

You don't say whether you let your cousin use your account intentionally, but remember that Xbox profiles are not supposed to be shared. If your gamerscore is modified again after a Gamerscore Reset, the profile will most likely be banned permanently from Xbox Live.

And to emphasize what others said, so you don't return in a month or two asking why you can't re-earn the achievements you had before the reset: your reset profile can never again earn the achievements that were unlocked before the reset. You'll only be able to earn new-to-you achievements after the reset.

Sorry this didn't help.