my foruth consel is now not working

I had an original white 20gb console and it broke 3 times. red ring of death 3 times.  so finally I got pissed off enough at needing to keep getting repaired so I purchased an xbox 360s. NOW at approximately 1.5 years old, this console is now giving me the  solid red dot of death. and now they want me to pay yet again to repair it.

this is just ridiculous.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there king supabob.  A console needing repair is never fun.  One consolation at least, is that if you set up the repair over the website, it's a bit less than over the phone: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is my prob as well. I have a solid red dot and I have to pay almost a grand or something. It's madness. I didnt use the console for a few days then Monday I used it and same prob. I have Red Dot of Death. Mine according to Microsoft is 1.3years old and out of warranty. Possibly a 4gig internal hard drive failure, so all my saves are gone and I have to pay to fix a form of 'red ring of death'.  I can see why the 24 month warranty was removed with the slim. I feel like smashing it hahaha and using recently purchased Bioshock and Tombraider as frisbies..

Sorry this didn't help.

Im sorry to hear it, trust me I feel your pain. Ive been playing for a while and im on my 7th -10th xbox, somewhere around there, RROD for me have generally been caused by overheating so id suggest trying to keep your xbox open or even on its side to let it breath and prevent over heating. If you repair it again and it acts up, I would honestly try to talk to xbox live support. Best of luck to you.

(Ever since I moved my xbox to a place where it wouldnt over heat, it hasnt had a problem. Its a normal elite 120 gigabyte hdd. Ive had it for almost 4 years I think now.)

Sorry this didn't help.

Really sorry to hear that, if the console is out of warranty the only way to get it repaired would be to pay for the repair. i understand you're frustration but unfortunately at this point that is the only option.

Sorry this didn't help.