My former email won't let me get online

I registered with a Hotmail.com email address [Removed by Moderator - Personal Info] for Xbox live back in 2007 (gamertag S Pac05). It has been closed and given away due to my lack of using my old email address 3 or 4 years ago. Even though I no longer has that email address; I've still been able to connect to Xbox live over the years. Since then I have created a new email[Removed by Moderator - Personal Info]. Now as a result of the new Two-step verification, when I try to connect to Xbox live, it is tells me to verify  my account by password of my former Hotmail.com address[Removed by Moderator - Personal Info]. So I guess my closed/former email address is give me problems that I can't fix on my own. So I' need help and a solution this.

Is it possible to change my main email address for my Xbox live account from [Removed by Moderator - Personal Info] to [Removed by Moderator - Personal Info] And doing so without creating a whole new Xbox live account? Please help me.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hello,

You will need to reach out to the Microsoft Account team in regards to any sort of issues with switching e-mails from a closed account to a new account. You will not be able to change the e-mail of the account yourself due to not having access to the old e-mail address. You can reach out to the Microsoft Account team by submitting a ticket here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.