My Day One Controller Broke!!!

And it was totally my fault!!!   Dropped it one two many times and damaged the left trigger!    Anyway went to buy a new one and the difference in build quality is like chalk and cheese.   No more creaking and flexing side panels!!   The whole controller feels solid just like the 360 controller in terms of sturdiness and I did hold s 360 controller in one hand and the new One controller in the other for a white knuckle squeeze comparison test (totally scientific!)  and couldn't feel any difference at all. 

So all the people who were saying the controller was designed specifically to feel that way and the flexing and creaking cost billions to design like that were talking tosh.   Seems that MS have upgraded the build quality on the quiet.   

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

That is good news,not that your controller broke but newer ones being more sturdy,my day one is still gong strong but is so creaky and flexing that i put electrical tape on the cracks,granted I'm a little OCD about it

OK, I have to say... at first I wasn't even going to bother looking into this thread. Once the estimated number of times I've seen the 'same ****' indicator goes over about 3k, I try to ignore.

But then, I just impulsively clicked on it...

And it was totally my fault!!!

At this point, I barely slowed down, thinking that OP had simply misspelled "MS".

Dropped it one two many times and damaged the left trigger!   

At this point my 'sense of entitlement' alarm burst into flames. It's never been pegged that hard before.

Anyway went to buy a new one and the difference in build quality is like chalk and cheese.  

Being American... this made no sense to me and only fed the confusion it seemed to spark.

No more creaking and flexing side panels!!   The whole controller feels solid just like the 360 controller in terms of sturdiness and I did hold s 360 controller in one hand and the new One controller in the other for a white knuckle squeeze comparison test (totally scientific!)  and couldn't feel any difference at all. 

At this point, I was in full WTH mode and had to check to see who OP was... o.0

So all the people who were saying the controller was designed specifically to feel that way and the flexing and creaking cost billions to design like that were talking tosh.   Seems that MS have upgraded the build quality on the quiet.   

This, after OP confirmation, made sense in a complete opposite of my original impression kind of way.

I therefore have but one response... stop that! You made me almost strip a gear and that would be totally my* fault!!

*In this instance, "my" should not be considered a misspelling of "MS". It is an actual misspelling of "your".

from the get go.. the non day one XB issued controllers were made differently...much better in QC

Man same thing happened to mine the other week! Right stick is a drifter now!

I've got a second controller that was bought 6 months after the release of the X1 and the build difference was amazing even back then! The day one controllers plastic is paper thin, like I reckon I could crush the controller between my hands and that's not even a joke.

My day one controller is the only that is actually holding up I've bought 4 others and 2 are now dead