My controllers left analog stick

all right i just noticed this problem (manufactures flaw?) about a week ago.

i recently purchased the transforming d-pad controller in january (the silver one with play and charge kit). ive mostly played nba 2k11 where the problem on the left analog stick are not apparent so i had no idea my controller had this problem until i recently started playing different games. 

Mind you i have not dropped or damaged or even tampered with this control since i have purchased it.

the problem with the left analog stick is that the controller does not register the context sensitivity of the movements. for example, i finally tried playing call of duty for the first time the other day with this controller. when i push the analog stick up my character slowly walks. however if i push the stick to the left or right and down the character strafes at normal speeds. what im trying to say is that there's a certain "spot" on the left analog stick that doesn't fully register movement of the stick. i then tried this on a different game (dead rising) and the same problem occurred. my character moved normally except whenever i would push the analog stick up, in which case he would slowly walk.

this does not happen in all my games but it does happen in the majority. as you know most games require the use of the left analog stick and besides a couple of games this controller is now useless to me. i cant play any FPS or 3rd person games. is there any way i can fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

As far as a fix goes I couldn't say.
But if you have not had it that long return it to the pop with a receipt for a replacement. Alternatively you could phone the MS support line for your region and see if they can help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks. i bought it from amazon though so it might prove to be difficult

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.