My controller disconnects when doing actions in games.

I was playing GoW: Judgement and every time I reload, my controller disconnects. I can miss the white bar but when I actually get it, my controller disconnects it. Same with Call of Duty, if I throw a semtex, shoot or activate a Tactical Insertion, my controller will disconnect. I think it may be something with the controller vibration setting because when I turn it off, my controller no longer does this but I find it hard to play WITHOUT vibration because, in a way, it helps me in my gameplay. I tried switching controllers, switching battery packs, switching batteries but by turning vibration off this the only known way for me to stop my controller from disconnects. Is the battery pack loose? Is it the console? Is the vibration loosening the batteries(sometimes when I turn it on, it works but only for 30 minutes or so).?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 37 Applies to:

Hey..HAve you tried to tape the back of the Battery pack to hold it in place..?U can even get a cotton swap dab it in rubbing Alc and clean the connections as well..That or it may be time for a new one..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to add,if you have a play & charge kit try it with the chargeing cable & no battery & see if it still does it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Seriously, NOTHING is working. I used the tape idea, I tried holding it in place NOTHING. Its not my controllers since I haven't use one of my controllers in a long time, its clean and when I used it, it still disconnected me.

-

Where do I get a play & charge kit?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can buy a play and charge kit at any store, normally 19.99, it comes with a rechargeable battery and a cable that connects from your controller to the xbox...so you can charge while you play.

What exactly are you using now?
do you have a rechargeable battery pack?
are you using that little case that holds to AA batteries?
do you have more than one controller?
if yes, have you tested out the other controller to see if the problem still happens?
how long have you had this controller?

From what I've experienced with my controllers, it could be 1 of 2 things.
The minor one could be similar to what someone suggested about taping the battery pack.

On your controller, remove the battery pack and look at the 2 coil springs on the controller. Do they look low and flat?

When I had that issue, my controller would disconnect if I held on too tight. I dont know about the rumble issue since I would normally have that feature off just to save some battery time.

What fixed the problem for me was gently pulling and stretching those coils. Once I did that, my battery pack went it and it was secured nice and tight.

The other problem just sucks and you will be better off replacing it. If there is an issue with the wires becoming a bit loose or the green board being damaged, your controller will then act as if it had a mind of its own.

When my PS3 controller had this problem, my left thumbstick was my biggest enemy. holding it in a direction would trigger 5 button presses on it's own. My character would jump in the air, fire weapons and change weapons on its own, strafe jump/dodge off of ledges and die. It was just a nightmare.

You can try opening your controller and cleaning it up. You will probably see some build up around the vibration tumblers so you should get rid of that. Also take out all of the little rubber pieces, clean them up, give the board a swipe. I use those little Clorox/Lysol wipes.

When I opened up the PS3 controller...it fixed the issue but it was only temporary so I needed a new one.
When I opened my xbox controller, cleaning out those tumblers and the rubber pads under all of the buttons ended up performing a miracle. I even managed to fix up the D-pad and Fix my left analog from sticking in one direction and it also began to register the left stick being pressed in.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have these controllers for two years, but one is somewhat new since I never use it a lot. Just a random note: when I flip the batter pack upside down, they slip and fall. However, when I do it later on, they stay in place. Also, the small metal strip that seems to be holding the battery pack in place is a bit off.

The coils on my controller ARE a bit flat, I pulled them and it still wouldn't work.

I can try to buy a play and charge kit, but opening a controller will probably be my last resort.

But most likely, I'll just stop playing with the vibration. I'll get used to it, but it won't be easy.

-

Thanks, since the information you posted seems to have worked for other people.

Sorry this didn't help.