My console will not work using HDMI

I am going to repost this to here since I have been trying to create a console repair ticket and every time I get to the part where I go to click on the option to print a shipping label there is an error message and it says 'site temporarily unavailable'.

Long story short my console will not work with HDMI cables.  I know it is my console and not the television or hdmi cable because I had a friend bring over his xbox 360 today and plugged it into the exact same set up and the hdmi cables worked fine with his xbox displaying properly using the hdmi port.  After unplugging his xbox and plugging mine back in with the exact same power cable and hdmi cable and turning on my xbox the television does not pick up the console and says no signal detected.  The console turns on and displays the green circle and sounds like it is working correctly however it just does not work with hdmi.  When using standard audio visual cables it works fine.  I have also had issues with this xbox when trying to play dvds.  About every third time I try to play a dvd the console says storage device required and then restarts.  Please help me out I have barely had this xbox for 6 months and I bought it brand new.

I'm very sure I need a console repair or if this xbox was part of a bad batch or something I need a replacement console, however as I said the online repair process seems to be down at the moment, wondering if this is a temporary thing or if there is another route I should take to get a repair ticket started.  I would definitely like to get the xbox sent out as soon as possible so I can get back to gaming!

Thank you for any help,

Andrew

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Try calling support. They can directly email the shipping label and set up a repair for you. Although if your console is not in warranty then it will cost a little more Money

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you try resetting the display? Try deleting your profile (just the profile, not associated content) and recovering it? Try deleting Netflix and redownloading it?

If the console is six months old, call in for repair. Online repair is good for saving $20 on an out of warranty repair, but as you've experienced it isn't entirely stable/reliable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.