My console will not turn off / console is turning itself back on.

Hello. When I came home from work yesterday, my Xbox 360 S console was on. I thought someone left it on in the house, turned it off.

This morning I woke up, it was on again -- had been on all night, if the heat emanating from it was anything to go by. I turned it off. The power button flashed a few times, console turned off.

Within seconds, my console had turned itself back on without my touching it. (I do not have any cloud saves and I updated my console successfully a few days ago to the newest update). I tried this game with it a few times -- turned it off, watched it turn itself back on without touching it (boot sequence, everything) within seconds; eventually I had to unplug the power from the console entirely to keep it off.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? It only started doing this after the most recent update. I have removed the disc from the tray and verified that I do not have any cloud saved games that are saving to the console when it is being turned off.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi there. Have you tried clearing the update cache? If not try that and then unplug the console for at least 24 hours from the mains socket.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alright, I will try that. It is unplugged now while I am at work so there is that. :)

Is the update cache a separate command than clearing out the system cache?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.