My Console Was Permanantly Banned For Some Reason?

Alright, so I've talked with about four or so customer service reps saying I should explicitly plead my case on the boards and after re-reading a few things it turns out I've been told to plead my case here. My console has been banned, and I've been told a few contradictory things. Errors can happen sometimes, I've been told. I've also been told staff doesn't arbitrarily ban consoles! That's fantastic and all but I've even talked to a supervisor and got little in the way of information. So why has my console been banned? I don't modify my console, I don't add third party software that voids the warranty and I don't curse and use crazy slurs towards people while playing games.

I've found typically, there's usually a reason associated with getting a ban.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Basically, Microsoft makes mistakes but they are 100% accurate =P That's why I think this whole thing is getting ignored....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Take whatever Phone Support tell you with a pinch of salt, as they do not have access to the data used by the Enforcement team. So any reasons or excuses they give are either just guess work or is being said to get you off the phone.

As to pleading your case here then I'm afraid it is also a waste of time. You could try posting here 14 - My LIVE account was suspended but Microsoft do not discuss console bans, so your post will just be deleted and an email sent pointing you to this link Console Suspensions - Xbox.com.

Yes this is a very poor way to handle things by Microsoft and sadly it does not seem to be changing on their part.

Sorry this didn't help.

All I know is ..  My son plays the game more than the rest of the family..  how do find out if he has done something to it??

to cause it to be banned?

Sorry this didn't help.

A poor way of handleing it?   Thats  is someone who refuses to do their job..  JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION.  I know that there is a reason for MYT console being banned.  TELL ME WHAT IT IS..  Did my kids do something  can i prevent it in the future??????  if not then i guess buying a new console is no help  buying anymore games seems stupid,.Maybe

Playstation3 is is the next step and say forget xbox. I know this if they can not at least email me and tell me what the reason for this ban is..  Maybe my 3500 friends on facebook wil help me

Sorry this didn't help.

Most people here are just users like you, we can't answer your question. Only those with the letters X and S as their level are Microsoft employees.

-

The only people who could are the Enforcement Team and they don't post anywhere but here forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx.

-

However as previously mentioned they don't answer individual console ban questions. Even the recent mess up by them only got a generic "it was a software error" to cover every case.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="GWELLS64"]

A poor way of handleing it?   Thats  is someone who refuses to do their job..  JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION.  I know that there is a reason for MYT console being banned.  TELL ME WHAT IT IS..  Did my kids do something  can i prevent it in the future??????  if not then i guess buying a new console is no help  buying anymore games seems stupid,.Maybe

Playstation3 is is the next step and say forget xbox. I know this if they can not at least email me and tell me what the reason for this ban is..  Maybe my 3500 friends on facebook wil help me.

[/quote]

If the account you are posting with is used by your kids then you may want to sit down and have a nice long talk with them about cheating/modding. It is not allowed on XBL or in many online games and is most commonly met with a permanent account/console ban.

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=2311595.html

The XBL PET may or may not tell you exactly why your console was banned but either way the current course your account is taking will only continue to be met with enforcement action if you decide to stay with XBL.

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/p=15808961.html

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=2333600/prodigys-r2r2r-infect-friends-best-menu-free-closed/start=120.html

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/p=15856869.html#15856869

Stop cheating and you won't have these problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK i read all chat logs from the links..  Let me say I am Verey sorry.. I know now that my 17 year old son must have been doing something. Even after reading the logs, i really do not understand it..  I am not very xbox live and games experienced.   He told me he had went to lobbies that other gamers were hosting..  I guess that was when he made a mistake.

Let me ask this. Is there a way to make sure this does not happen in the future. A setting in the console???? To restrct him from being able to do this again?

Again I am sorry for getting so upset, but told he did not do anything wrong.. He would most likely still be saying that i not showed him the chat logs.

Thank You

Glenn Wells

Is there a chance of being unbanned?

Sorry this didn't help.

No there are no settings like that really, if you bought a new console you would need to emphasise to your son that he start displaying some common sense and not join modded games or do anything else that is in violation of the ToU/CoC.

This is only speculation but as far as the console getting unbanned goes I would say you have no chance at all, they are banned for a reason and it is not something that is done lightly lightly. So bearing that in mind it seems there would be zero chance of it getting unbanned or it would not have been banned to begin with.

But I will say if my son had done things that caused my console to be banned, when I bought a new one he would not be using it again. He could get a job and buy his own console and pay for his own account..

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh.. Trust me his Xbox 360 playing is never going to happen again. As far as i am concerned. me buying anymore xbox 360 consoles..  is most likely not going to happen.  I can see now trusting 17 year old CHILDREN is a bad idea.  I did tell him when i bought the now banned console..  that he had better not do anything stupid..  but i guess it fell on deaf ears.

Oh well ,  i guess i need to call and cancel any futher live payments..  Thanks again  Glenn Wells

Sorry this didn't help.

if he does this on ps3 he will also face a console ban (so a chat would be prudent) cheating and hacking are serious offences because they affect people who do not cheat

for example infections

it gives the wining team big ranks and scores

the losing team however will have their ranks reset to -1 and they never can join a multiplayer match in call of duty WaW

sometimes cheating can be a scam too

taking money from other kids which moded lobbies often are

specially ones advertised

Sorry this didn't help.