My console says ‘Open Tray’ or won’t read my disc

Well something is really fishy with Xbox and all the new updates ever since all these great updates came down the pipe line mine and several of my friends consols are having this problem.I call tech support and there is no help just a offer to repair the unit at my cost what gives.Xbox admits there are some problems with the updates but gets to pick and choice which ones they are going to make good on.I think it really sucks when you have several units that are doing the same thing that where built different years because of some mandatory updates from Xbox and i got to eat it on repairs.I got a feeling that have not heard the last from all the people who are having this problem just like the rrod .If a 40 year old father of 3 children that love xbox live and i just purchased the family plan in feb of this year and my kids cant even play the new games that i have purchased in the last few months . Xbox you need to make it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

same m8.... seems like a common problem... spose until EVERYONE with the problem contacts them, nothing will be done just yet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wow. Is it reading some discs or it doesn't read anything at all?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to be sure, did the agent walk you through all of these steps? And are you getting/did you get any other error messages at all, or just the Disc Error message?

Sorry this didn't help.