My Console is freezing after Login on XBOX Live.

Hi,
After the last update of my Xbox, I could not login on Live again. My console freezes. It seems to be loading some information but never leaves this screen. The Xbox menu works, but I can't do anything because it always comes back to the frozen screen. 

Sometimes it crashes and must turn it off to return to normalIf I do not try to enter on Live, the Console works normally.
I have no pending downloads and already cleaned the Cash memory several times to see if the problem was related to it, but no solution.
Also sometimes the console enter on Live for a few seconds, but freezes in the sequence.
Can anyone help me with this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Burati! So you are having console freezing, but only when you are logged in to LIVE, correct? Does this happen for multiple accounts on your console, or just your profile? If it is only happening with your account, please try moving your profile to another storage device (like a USB) and then remove it from the console. Then try to recover your profile with the following steps (forums.xbox.com/.../37357.aspx). Does this help your issue? Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same/similar issue. I just picked up MW3 a few days back and was logging into multiplayer. Window pops up says I need the latest download, ok cool whatever, download it, I get to the matchmaking screen, works just fine, all players are in the room (team deathmatch) and then it goes to start the game and freezes up in the map loading page, the one you go to that has the status bar at the bottom and gives you all the in-game tips. I wait a bit (long enough to know it isn't working) eject the disk, still no change in the screen, then hard reboot. Start the process over and get the same result. So far I've tried all the following to no avail. Clear the cache, delete and recover gamer tag, try a different disk of the same game, try a different hard drive storage device with a different gamer tag, try a different game (albeit both activision games: black ops and MW2) both freeze in the same place. I even tried switching from going directly wired to using a wireless unit, and finally re-formatted the hard drive and started from scratch. The interesting part is after I finished being pissed off, I was able to play the entire campaign with no problems, and I was able to log into the special ops portion of the game and play multiplayer with one other person. The sucky thing is that it's not broken enough to throw out the window, but I can't get into the multiplayer games that I like.

I've tried to narrow it down to hardware or software. All the hardware seems to work just fine (ability to play campaign modes, logs into Xbox LIve), so I'm thinking it's software related, just not sure how to get that issue sorted.

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mister Gwyther!

Thanks for the answer, but the problem happens with any account. Anyway, I tried to recover the account as you suggested (we never know, it might work) but no response from the console.

Just to add more information to this issue:

After the login, the screen freezes, but I can see my friends online and check their information (so it seems the connection to live is OK....) the problem is only the console screen that never leaves the "loading" interface.

Another hint that the console is connected is the fact that my gained achievements during this offline period are all updated in my profile on Live (Recovering the Gamertag showed me this info).

So I can conclude that I'm conected to Live, only my Console screen is freezed.

I hope the next Console update solve this problem, but for some reason I'm not hopeful....

Sorry this didn't help.

Had the same issue Burati. So i tried switching out HDD, i have (2) 360 Fat white ones. and the second HDD seem to be working fine and doesn't freeze. I'm starting to think its the HDD failing. whenever the xbox freeze it would make a click noise. My suggestion is to buy new HDD, it's not cheap but worth a try. Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.