My console has been banned.

Hi - My son tried to log into xbox live yesterday after school and received a message that our console has been banned.  I have had the console for several years and am the only owner; it has not been modified in any way.  I do not believe that any terms of use or code of conduct have been broken.  Can someone please let me know why it was banned?  Your help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Here is the console ban FAQ OP, just to let you know though investigations are made before bans are issued and they are not issued without cause.

You could try posting here but generally the PET don't discuss console bans.
Also check the inbox for the wlid linked to your account, an E mail may have been sent.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

dont waste your time you have to buy a new one microsft are useless and dont help you in the slightest as a matter of fact they dont even give a reason of why the console has been banned

Sorry this didn't help.

yea he's right i just got off the phone with them my xbox got banned and they wont tell me why they keep bringing up tampering but i have never tampered with it. I even have sent it in for repair recently. I believe that xbox is running a scam now that they came out with the xbox slim they want you to go out and buy a new one if you have the old white one its just another way for them to make more money off the xbox consumers. Why else would they ban your xbox not give you a warning prior or a reason why after the ban I suggest getting a PS3

Sorry this didn't help.

I know what they are doing. They are banning random innocent people and they are making them buy a new xbox. So that means Microsoft gets more money.  If you don't want to get banned again and waste your money on another xbox then buy a Playstation 3.

Sorry this didn't help.

I completely agree with epic does seem like that's the case. they're crooks

Sorry this didn't help.

My console is banned too, no reason at all. I've been offline forever, logged on yesterday, played zombies for about an hour, then I get the message my console is banned. Microsoft runs a scam, thinking they'll get money this way, but I can't afford another xbox. Kind of stupid, don't you think?

Sorry this didn't help.