My Console Has Been band

Good afternoon,

My console is banned. Please provide a reason why and assistance. I have not violated any terms of use to include the following

Console bans

Xbox consoles may be permanently prevented from connecting to Xbox LIVE for one or more violations of the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use. Consoles can be banned from Xbox LIVE for several reasons including, but not limited to, the following reasons:

• Console tampering: Physically opening the Xbox console and modifying it to play illegitimate software.
  • Online fraud: Attempting to social engineer users, take over Xbox LIVE accounts, or perform other fraudulent activities.
  • Repeat egregious violations: Multiple actions taken on accounts on the console by the enforcement team for disrupting the service or impacting users.

Customer Support for Xbox LIVE cannot undo an Xbox LIVE suspension for a console. Xbox LIVE console suspensions may also include permanent suspensions of Xbox LIVE accounts as well.

I bought my console brand new. I am in the military and I bought my X-Box at a Base x-change across the country. The Base Exchange does not take any opened items back or provide a refund for opened items; therefore, there could be no previous owner. As you can see this is a big inconvenience to me and my fellow Air Force members who this has happened to. This could potentially harm your business as well. My bad taste in your company will be on the forefront of my mind and will be a topic that will be spoken about to potential users as a warning. In addition, x-box support has furthered my frustrations by telling me that the issue is finite and that I will no longer be able to play x-box live. The day prior to this I was told I could appeal and this could be retroactively banned. As you can tell, I am a very disgruntled customer and this business will suffer losses in the future for potential buyers. Assistance is required. Thank You!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.  

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below.

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread.       

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.