My console has 2 red lights

I have looked up what the 2 red lights mean, which is a general overheating issue. What is strange is that it only happens when I play a game. I discovered that I can do anything I want in the dashboard for as long as I want with no consequences. The thing I want to know is why, once I for example started a fight in UFC Undisputed 3, my console shut off and flashed the 2 lights. I also checked with my basketball game and it shuts off as soon as I get into a game after about 1 or 2 offensive and defensive possessions. Does anybody know why it only overheats when in a game? And also are there any ways to fix this without having to pay M$  $100 to fix it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

I would recommend to either bring one of the fan cleaning sprays which you spray into the vents, or it might require replacment of the cooling fan.

The problem is definitly with the cooling fan.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Laidig! I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your console. If you haven't already, please make sure to run through the red light troubleshooter (support.xbox.com/.../flashing-lights-solution) to see if there are any new suggestions there. Aside from that, a repair may be the only recourse here. You can set one up here online (support.xbox.com/.../repair-process) if you want to. Please let us know if the troubleshooter helps or if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.