My computor recognizes my windows live ID but my xbox won't

I have just recently bought a wireless cable for my Xbox I tried to access my Xbox live account but it won't let me. Every time I try to put my Windows live ID and password I keep getting a message saying "The Windows live ID or Password isn't valid." I tried changing my password to see if that would help but it didin't help. I can access my xbox account on my computor but I can't access it on my xbox 360 for some reason. Can any of you help solve my problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I would try to recover your gamertag.  Make sure you are not signed in on your console.  Have any old copy of the gamertag removed (move it to a USB stick if you want to and pull the stick out of the xbox).  And from the dashboard recover your gamertag.  It should accept your current live ID and password since it is connecting directly to xbox, your exsisting tag may be corrupted causing an issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmm okay I'll try and see if that method works. Could it be also that I haven't used my xbox live account in ages (literally since like I haven't used it in two years)  that's causing the problem? I created my xbox live account with my harddrive on another friends house because I didn't have a wireless cable back then.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just want to say that Spazpol definitely has the right idea.  Try a recovering your gamertag and let us know if it works out for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, okay thank you I'll try.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, things suddenly got complicated for my case. I understand what my problem is. I think I can fully explain my situation now. Okay its like this. The current gamertag I'm using isn't the one I made up. Microsoft or Xbox did. My main gamer profile and gamertag is "citrusanime."Apparently, this gamerprofile I'm using is associated with my Windows live ID and password I was able to download this profile on and now I can access xbox live with it. But my main Gamerprofile, which has all my game data and achievements I can't access xbox live with it. so the only way I can access my hard drive is that I have to take out my wireless cable out if I ever want to access and play my game data. I only have one Windows live account so I don't see what the problem is. Can you access xbox live that isn't a windows live ID? All I simply want to do is access the the marketplace with my main gamer profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings! Each gamertag has a separate login which is comprised of a WLID and password. Are you 100% sure you are using the correct login information? Can you try logging in to the forums with your citrusanime account and make a post here? Thank you! Standing by.

Sorry this didn't help.

No I'm pretty positive I have the correct login information. I only have one WLID account and the password was the same. I only changed my password once when I tried to access my main Xbox live account live.xbox.com/.../Profile this is my original gamer tag. Like I said I'm positive the login information I keep trying to put for my original account hasn't changed much.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, if you are 100% sure you are logging in with the correct information I would recommend giving phone support a call. They should be able to help you identify the login information for your correct account providing you can prove ownership. Can you give that a shot and let me know if you are able to get this resolved? Hang in there!

Sorry this didn't help.

yes  i would call customer support  you can only have one windows live ID per gamertag   a windows  live ID can be any email.  It sounds like  the gamer tag with all your achievements  is under a different windows live ID email.  Do you remember using another  email?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Mister Darcy and many other xbox users for taking your time to help me. I will be sure to call customer support if all solutions or the core of my problem cannot be solved. Yes actually I do vaguely, remember using another email I do have a yahoo mail account. If a windows live ID can be any email then it would be most likely my yahoo email that I must have used.

Sorry this didn't help.