My brother's windows live email has been hacked.

Wow these forums are hard to navigate.

To start off with my brothers windows live email address has been hacked. The person whom has hacked it has changed the password and i believe he has also set a an email address of his own to the reset password account as well as changing the answers to the secret questions. My main concern for this is that we have spent alot of MS points on stuff on xbox live as well as gold membership and we are at risk of losing it all.  I've spoke to XBOX multiple times and i have been told to fill out a web based form on windows live support, after doing which my web form gets denied as i can't provide enough information as majority of it has been changed.

There must be a way to recover it, the main target of the email hack was my brother's world of warcraft account in which we just scanned a picture of a passport and everything was sorted is there not something similiar that xbox can do?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hello, so the Windows Live ID has been hacked but no the XBOX Live account? Is your brother still able to access his XBOX Live account at all or not? If he can't then you have to contact XBOX Support and tell them that the account hi-jacked and that you'd like to file an Unauthorized Use Claim - They will take down your information and give you a reference number. This process can take upwards of 30 days to complete (and they do compensate you for lost XBOX Live time if it's found out that the account was hi-jacked). The only people who can help you is XBOX Support with this information, no one else is able to unfortunately. You'll have to call them up using the number available for your region.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, you will need to phone Xbox Support and ask them to open an Unauthorised Access Claim, and do not hang up until they do!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.