My Bleeping Beeping Console

My con is beeping at me.  I asked it what was the matter but it responded with two more short beeps.  It must be something my Xbox is ashamed of because the beeps are not loud at all, in fact, I can barely hear them.  The beeps are happening while I am in forge world, Jasper has never beeped at me before and I am concerned. The two beeps are short and occur at what seems to be a regular interval of about five minutes.  360 Slim 4Gb No HDD, just four months old. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there - this is a very cute story that made me laugh a bit, but I do need to clarify what the actual issue is - your S style console is beeping every five minutes? Through your speakers, or from the console itself? Are they the pings from the disc tray or power buttons? Does this happen only when playing a game, or even just sitting on the dashboard?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

is - your S style console is beeping every five minutes? - two beeps

Through your speakers, or from the console itself? - The console itself.

Are they the pings from the disc tray or power buttons? - The pings are so soft it is difficult to tell where they emanate from.

Does this happen only when playing a game, or even just sitting on the dashboard? - Only when I am in Halo Reach editing in forge world.  

Ping is a better word to describe the sound.  The pings are coming from inside the console, exactly where inside the case it is coming from is anyone's guess. As far as I can tell, the pings only occur when I am in Halo Reach forge world while editing maps.  It could be happening during regular game play but I have not noticed it.  Probably because I am preoccupied with staying alive.

Sorry this didn't help.

It could be the console reading the disc. As far as i'm concerned, it's nothing to worry about but if it does it on other parts of Halo Reach or even on another game, it could be a system problem.

I wouldn't worry about though at the moment!

Sorry this didn't help.

If this has happened recently it could be the new firmware.

I just install mine but other than that I think its normal.

Sorry this didn't help.