My acount

I have forgotten my windows ID and my password. My gamer tag is lakes77 and i am trying to get into my account. I have had a 360 for 3 years so i forgot the ID and the password in those years.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have called customer support 4 times. unfortunately i had misspelled the secret word so they had locked the account for 24hr. I know how to spell it know, and i will contacted them after the 24hrs pass. First i will try to reset the password that goes with the ID.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Another thing...MS does not keep up with passwords.  They can give you WLID if you can prove ownership, but it would be stupid for a company to allow thousands of people both your WLID and password.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just quit fooling around with this buddy and call support...now.  As mentioned, you only have one choice: call support and go thru the now-infamous account verification process.  You can do this in one of two ways: email or phone.  I suggest email because then you can research info.  I went thru a simliar problem some years ago.   The process involves MS asking you a ton of questions like the name, card nos, address, phone nos., etc.  They assume if you can answer these then you must be the owner.  The problem starts when you can't answer them...as in "I don't remember".  MS will not tell you which one(s) you missed.  The email form is a little more intrusive...it wants to know some number that your computer uses while on the web...it gives you a site to look it up.  The good thing about the email that it has a text box for "more info"...stick anything and everything on it.  I will just about bet that you won't remember all that info if you have already forgotten the WLID and password.

The bad news is that if you don't answer MS' questions to their satisfaction, your account is gone.  Forever doomed to float around in cyberspace until such a time as MS decides to purge it.  The good news is that if you do, they will send a password-reset link to any email you give...give them one that actually works.  Another bit of good news is that (with the email anyway) you can try it over and over.  It took me something like several months and several emai forms to finally answer MS to their satisfaction.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think i might have found my old ID, but i tried so many other times that it locked me out, so i will have to let  24hrs pass by.

Sorry this didn't help.

Support can provide the Live ID to an account but only if the user has verified all the other info on the account I believe they will verify 7 pieces of information. One of the pieces of information will be credit card so please have that handy.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately XBOX Support won't be able to help you if you cannot even remember the e-mail that was used for the account. It's a huge security risk for them to be able to give away any sort of information like an e-mail with so many accounts getting socially engineered these days. You will only be able to recover the account if you can at least remember the e-mail on the account otherwise you're sort of lost and you'd have to start a new account.

Sorry this didn't help.

the problem is i can't get into tho account  without the password and the ID.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok then the only other thing you can do is contact support by phone and verify the info on the account and they can provide you with the Live ID.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have lakes77 on your xbox console? If you do then hit the Guide button (big X in the middle of the controller), scroll over to Settings and click on Account Management. Then scroll over to Your Information and click on Windows Live ID and it should be displayed.

IF you manage to get your ID THEN you can go to https://login.live.com and follow the prompts for Forgot Password

First check and see if your gamertag is actually on your console

Sorry this didn't help.

With the password reset proccess you only need the account info and windows live id

And as long as you fill out as much and truthfully as you can you most likely can reset it unless you used fake info

Or forgot the details

If you forgot the windows live Id contact Xbox and verify who you are

Then goto windowslivehelp.com and forgot my password and contact support

Xbox is a seperate team from the windows live team and doesn't have access to passwords nor can they reset them

Sorry this didn't help.