My achievements reset after recovering my gamertag.

Alright here's the skinny,

I had lost my internet connection due to being out of money. So I just toiled away at beating all my games and getting all the achievments.

I beat Assasins Creed 2 and Brotherhood, aced Saboteur, Gears 2, Halo Reach + ODST, Bioshock etc. I beat like 15 games. Evidently, I got pretty much 3/4 of the achivements for all my games. The usual "Beat Chapter 1" "Beat Chapter 2" so on and so on. I have the saved games with everything beat, all my memories synced, my medals for halo saying "Beat on Legendary", blew up a boat load of Nazi stuff, and took down Bioshock.

The time came however when I went to my friends house and we wanted to play Black Ops (Which I beat on Veteran, as well as MW2 and WaW) and I though well, I'll just recover my gamertag and have fun in co-op. Soooo I recover my gamertag to his Xbox, and I see that my achievement score drops from 10k to just below 4k. I flipped out. I was pretty irate and furious. We continued to play because I didn't want to just ruin our day just yet. Later that night I went to recover my gamertag BACK to my Xbox because I had a bunch of DLC we could play.

Now I had my hopes up that it was a fluke and SURELY my Xbox would realise that "OH he has all the data proving he did these achievements". Nope. Nothing changed....

All my hard work for like 3 months was lost. I had always wanted to get to 10k just to be superior to most of my friends (lol), it's why we have the score. There is pretty much ZERO chance I'm going to go back and replay all the games that have ZERO replay value and search around and re-try all the things I did to get those ridiculous achievements. Like rebuilding all of the buildings In Assasins Creed, which entails beating the game pretty much.

To Summarize.

1.Beat everything got about 5k Achievement points Offline

2.Went to play online with a friend and my Achievements disapeared I was left with just under 5k

3.Recovered back to my OWN Xbox and they still didn't come back even though the proof is all on my Xbox.

4.I want to know if there is anything I can do to get what I deserve back, or if it's lost and hopeless.

Cheers

-Mat

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

When you recover your account you're pulling the last information the servers have of your account from the last time it was online. So if it hasn't been online before you recover it, you're basically pulling the information the server has from before your internet went down. All you can do is go back and re-earn the achievements.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

And as far as Microsoft is concerned, there is no patch or executable to retrieve the obvious mass of data I have proving I did beat all my games on the hardest difficulty or at least beat all my games?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can read my Guide here: forums.xbox.com/.../37357.aspx

Basically the servers think you never did anything on your tag due to you never connecting to the internet before re-transferring your GamerTag. You will unfortunately have to re-earn all of those achievements, and in this case it stinks.

PM me with any other questions Ill be glad to help!

Sorry this didn't help.

That is a gigantic bummer, I will never sit down for another unmployed three months and get back 5k gamer points by re-doing numbing tasks.

This is a major flaw in the achievement system.

Thanks for your answer though, I hope one day The Xbox division of Microsoft can help people like me.

I guess I still have my memories.

Cheers

-Mat

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, it isn't really a flaw, as much as it is an inconvenience. The simple fact is that the servers as far as they are concerned have no clue what you did until you connect to them. Was there a warning before recovering that you needed to connect to the internet before attempting a recover otherwise you would lose data? I believe there is, but haven't done a recover in about a half year, so I don't remember. If it turns out there is not, that is something that they should add.

Sorry this didn't help.

K I'm pretty much done with this now, but no as far as I remember there was no warning. It is a flaw, because it's not like I lied. I have all the files still on my xbox. I did get the "earned achievement" popup, why can't our harddrives (mine a new 250) hold onto to some of that? Like Assasins Creed, I have all the Romulus stuff, you can only get that IF you have beaten the layers and gotten the achievements. So, there should be a link between me having it, and me earning the achievement.

One of my games, I think is was just Banjo & Kazooie or something ridiculous reloaded all my achievements BACK to my account when I popped it in. So it is possible for Xbox to do this. Which is why I hope an employee or tech guy can see and maybe R&D a patch for fixing this. It's not just hoop dreams, it happens to a lot of people and some games have the ability to reload your achievements anyway.

You don't have to "Riddle me this", but well I got my answer already. "Too dang bad, start grinding." Heres hoping for a better future, and here's hoping no one else loses 5k

Sorry this didn't help.

I wasn't trying to be rude, so please do not take my post as such, was just trying to help :/

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh no not at all, sorry. You can just imagine my level of frustration, I was just being straight without any humor lol. Over text I can see how that can be taken as an attack.

Sorry this didn't help.