My account was stolen and Xbox has done nothing about it for 4 months.

Im writing this to basically complain in the hopes that someone with authority will see it. Perhaps some of you out there have had a similar issue.

My account was stolen on May 1st and Microsoft Point bundles where purchased by the thief using my credit card on file. I only found this out as my card was declined while I was trying to buy breakfast on May 2nd. After calling my bank and finding out about the charges I called Microsoft right away. According to the Support rep, this was very common as they have had a lot of "Unauthorized Access" cases recently using the same method. Buying Point bundles in the amounts of $79.99 and $49.99. He assured me it would all be cleared up in 10 -14 business days and I would have my money and my account back.

Needless to say that did not happen as of today August 3rd 2011 I still dont have my money back. I am able to play on xbox live, but that took 2 months of me calling 2-3 times a week. The customer support has been AWFUL. Every step of the way I have been lied to. Whether it was intentional or they are that misinformed. Below is an email I sent to there "Investigation Team". Hopefully they do get back to me and straighten this out.

"Hello,

Im writing you today to dispute the findings of your investigation. As of the present day, I have yet to receive a phone call from you as was promised for the past 4 months. I think that is more than a sufficient amount of time to wait, considering every time I call 1-800-4my-xbox im told a call is scheduled approximately 3-4 days away.

According to the email that I am replying to, there were no fraudulent charges made. I would like to formally, and adamantly dispute this finding. (see your section c)

"c.      Our investigation into the billing and point activity on your account shows that no charges were made while it was out of your control."

As if this "finding" of yours was not bad enough, I spoke with your customer support again today, who advised me that the charges were already refunded on May 27th 2011. I found it strange that he said they were refunded to the card that the charges were made on and I should contact my bank for more information. Well, I had spoken to my bank before calling, and reviewed my bank statements, no credits from Microsoft, or Xbox were to be found. Also I found it highly unlikely that a credit was placed on a card I had CANCELED on May 2nd 2011, or the day after the Unauthorized Access Occurred So, I asked to speak to a suporvisor. Once the Supervisor come to the line, he pointed out your "Step 3 Line C" to me and said that no money would be refunded.

Needless to say I was and still am furious. Why is it every time I call, I get different information? Why hasn't "The Xbox LIVE Investigations Team" called me to explain whats going on? I have many other issues with this whole situation and the way it was handled, or mishandled, but ill keep this brief.

So to the point of my email........
I did not purchase ANYTHING on May 1st 2011 from xbox live, or anywhere xbox oriented. The charges of $74.99 and $49.99 from May 1st 2011 were not made by me and therefore are FRAUDULENT.

Now I don't know what your "Investigation" includes but here are some thoughts.

1) The IP address from where the purchases were made should be logged, as is standard with online purchases. I would like to know that address.
2) The fact that my account was not on my xbox at the time of said purchases is also obvious, Id like to know where it was. Also determined by an IP address. You may also note that I recovered my account on Monday May 2nd 2011.
3) When was the account was stolen (moved to another xbox) prior to the purchases?
4) May 1st 2011 was a Sunday. I work on the weekends. Im willing to bet that all this occurred while I was at work considering I work an hour and a half away and my shift is 11 hours long. That would account for 14 hours that I was not able to make such charges. And I can provided a letter from my place of work stating this.

Now with everything I have stated here it should be obvious that I am very unhappy about all of this. The fact that you have not called me in 4 months, and this email I received contains no explanation whatsoever has made matters far worse than it should have been,. Not to mention the customer support is not only helpless and oblivious, they provide misinformation during EVERY phone call.

Now I want some answers, and furthermore I want my money refunded and my original Microsoft points back on my account. (it wasn't much, maybe 200 or so)

Im looking forward to your reply. I can also be reached any Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at any time by phone at ***-***-****.

Thank you,

-----------------

So, anyone else have a similar issue??

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 72 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey all! While I am sympathetic and aware of the legitimacy of your frustration, posting "same issue" is just not helpful. Here's what I need you to do: please make a post that details your unique issue in a concise manner. If you feel your investigation is running too long, please post the date your current investigation was started and a very brief description of what happened. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm also having the same issue. Can a moderator please help!!!??

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, can you PM me your info for me to look into? Please include:

GT in question:
SR#(s):
Start date:
Console ID:
Console Serial Number:
Link to this thread:  

Sorry this didn't help.

sent you a PM here on the forums. thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Similar story here

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="GeordieRacer82"]

Forget MS helping you in a timely fashion, they have know about this issue for some time and have failed to take any steps to prevent it from spreading.

[/quote]

Microsoft does plenty to prevent theft of accounts but sadly the users are misinformed and 99% of the time are the cause of the theft. Most accounts are stolen via phishing schemes i.e. I've seen numerous posts on the forums over the last few years people complaining their account got stolen when they were signing up for their free microsoft points and get pissed when you tell them there are no free points.I've had people sending me PM's of the websites they signed up with claiming there is no way its fake when the link goes to a site made on a popular blog website not owned in any way by microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also used different emails and passwords and did not go  on any other sites.and still they got me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Samee here> Someone got UA access to my other account with the gamertag "AnF Divisions". The person changed sooooo many things on my account and changed the gamertag and I think my avatar. About a week ago they finished with the UA so i was happy. When i went to recover my gamertag though, I was banned forever. So i called up support for like the 5th time and I asked why. They said to make a post on the forums and someone would tell me why and possibly unban me in 16-24 hours. Well i made 3 posts in 4-5 days and none of them have gotten a reply. This really needs to be handled better.

Sorry this didn't help.

Forget MS helping you in a timely fashion, they have know about this issue for some time and have failed to take any steps to prevent it from spreading.

Sorry this didn't help.

I looked into your account and it looks like they just emailed you today regarding your issue. Please check that and see what it says.

Sorry this didn't help.