My account was stolen and migrated to another country.

I called support and they were unable to even find my account. I looked up my account myself on http://www.xboxgamertag.com and the avatar and gamerscore wernt mine.the rep suggested the accountr was migrated to another country.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You must contact a LIVE Agent. We volunteers here have no account access, none whatsoever. You can choose Option 1 after finding your country's support line: See http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers ...

but a faster way to speak to a Billing Agent is to go to support.xbox.com/contact-us

Click on Request A Call and type in a few lines explaining your issue and you will get called back quicker than if you waited in queue on hold.

Only those agents can submit the Unauthorized Access report for investigation.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

"was there a creditcard on file?

if so they can track down your account via that"

Not exactly .I mostly used Prepaid live cards, and visa giftcards. I never trust account security anywhere. My fears are justified given my account being stolen and many, many others via social engineering of support reps (a problem not specific to Microsoft or Xbox but to security as a whole). Even If i had used a credit card on there it has long expired or have forgotten which one was used.

Sorry this didn't help.

"You can wait for a response from forum support to see what, if anything, they can do, but ultimately it'll probably be up to phone support because they have more access to accounts than forum support does." Exact oppisite of what I was told over the phone. I was told that because they were unable to look up the account info that I would have to go here. I have DETAILED information about my account "Jake" when I had it, every contact info change, dates of password changes, even the last 5 console ID's of xboxes i've had. If I can't get my account back with all of that then that shows Microsoft can't secure their own service. 

What I've told every agent so far:
Account #1:
Was stolen, bio was changed to crude, vulgar statements( things that would clearly be used to get someone banned). Then a year later I attempt to login to the banned account( I was going to try and appeal my situation again and recover my gamertag) and the account doesn't exist. I look up my old gamertag and someone stole the name and recreated it. I call support and even with all my account details, they cant pull up the account at all. They say it must have been migrated to another country. So here I am. Now apparently if you want to get away with stealing someones account all you have to do is migrate it to another country. All while every support rep tells me how "Microsoft has improved their account security since I left a year ago". 

Account #2:
I have used this account for over 5 years. Gold for all 5 years and prepaid into the foreseeable future. I made this account along with MANY other accounts back in the beginning of Halo 3/ end of Halo 2. Made many accounts for playing matchmaking in. When I made these accounts I often mashed random information into the contact information fields. The problem is, I also put random birthdays. So my situation is I have an account, that I've used for 5 years no problem. However, I can't log into it because "you must accept the new ToS", which wouldn't be a problem if I havent been migrating this account xbox to xbox on a memory card for years. I have no idea what I put for the information. The one thing I have is console ID's, and do I have a lot of them. I can list my last 5 xbox console ID's I've had and signed into this account with. This should hopefully serve as irrefutable evidence of ownership to the account. 

Sorry this didn't help.

was there a creditcard on file?

if so they can track down your account via that

Sorry this didn't help.

You can wait for a response from forum support to see what, if anything, they can do, but ultimately it'll probably be up to phone support because they have more access to accounts than forum support does.

Sorry this didn't help.

NOTE: The only reason  I am posting here is after multiple support reps telling me "This is the only way to get my account back"

Sorry this didn't help.

They said they cant even open the account. I logged into the email that used to be on my account and it said "join xbox live" My gamertag went from "Jake" to "WhiteGorgon8631". Iv'e been on the phone with support for the last 3 hours and I can't access either of my old accounts. I pull my xbox out of my closet after a year and a half after leaving because my account gets stolen(not being my fault that reps get socialed), and now I not only cant get my account that was stolen back but I cant get my other account back. And the only thing the reps can tell me is "post on the forums" or "there is no way you can recover this account". Then on the forums you tell me to go back to the reps? They are going to tell me to come back here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, but you'll have to continue to try to work with phone support to get your account back. They are the only ones who can start and unauthorized access investigation.

Sorry this didn't help.