My account was hacked

I last logged onto my account ([mod removed]) on Tuesday around 8 pm, and on Wednesday, when I tired to log on, my Xbox told me my account information was invalid. I when I tried to log on from XboxLive.com, it created a new account when I typed in my email.I never gave my information out to anyone, so I don't know how anyone was able to hack it.I called Xbox Live support, and they're unclear about the situation. So I'm making this post so everyone knows my situation, and if there's anything else I need to do to get my account back. I was looking at the forums, and I don't know where I should post this, so I posted it here.

I also got an email from my account that someone has transferred Microsoft points to another account, today.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sorry to hear about your account being hacked. I was recently subject to this. I still cant access my account. Its highly annoying and i found out moments ago MS are using my account online to play games with my subscription. I must say im very dissapointed. I wish you the best of luck in getting your stuff back but at this rate i may just sell my xbox after this. I'm very dissapointed at the fact MS employees would play games on my GT online. It feels like they dont care and so i dont think i should either ill just switch over to Sony. At least they respect their consumers....

As for your issue im sorry i cant help much but i hope you have better luck than i do...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there - did you request to file an Unauthorized Access claim with phone support? You mentioned they were unclear, but if you state that you need to file an unauthorized access claim, they should know how to proceed from there. That's the first step in case you notice someone else is in control of your account. support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I did. They told me it might take 25 days to get my account back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Only, if you already opened an Unauthorized Access investigation, you've done all you need to do to re-secure your account.

Sorry this didn't help.