My account was hacked three months ago

This is a rather involved story, which I am posting from my hopefully temporary account, but I'll try to make it as painless as possible. Basically my account, Captain Chedder, was hacked back on July 18th, with $120 in points purchased, my region being switched to Brazil, my gamertag swapped to some other profile, and all of my profile information swapped to a dummy account. I called xbox live support on the day of this all happening, after resolving my credit card with the bank, and had them open up an investigation on my account.

I was informed by the person on the phone that it would take two weeks to a month for the investigations team to check everything out and resolve my issue. We're now coming up on month three. I have called every two weeks since my initial call, only to be told "The investigations team is taking a look at it, it's out of our hands right now". I have even spoke with a supervisor who told me the same thing. I have emailed multiple times as well, but I have not gotten a single reply. The last time I called, two weeks ago now, I was told by the supervisor that the investigations team had not made any progress for weeks, and that she was going to bump up my request to a high priority request so we could resolve it. I have still not heard a resolution.

The thing that irritates me the most about this, is that my co-worker had the same thing happen to his account about two months later. He called, reported his issue, and as of today has his account back. I'm rather disappointed with how the situation has been handled, why is my investigation being ignored?

Thank you for your time.

GamerTag: Captain Chedder

Service Request #: 115-815-3028

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

forums.xbox.com/.../101493.aspx

Might as well file a BBB complaint now because micro$oft will not refund your money or unlock your account otherwise.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Cheesey! I'm terrible sorry about this. I'll look into the investigation for you. In the meantime, it would help my records if you PMed me (envelope icon below) with the GT, the SR#, the original date of the investigation, and a link to this thread. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Good luck. I've been waiting since July 9th on mine.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been waiting 3 weeks since that happened to me, and absolutely no word back yet. It looks like I have a long wait. Where's my free gold code?

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not have an xbox so no "gold code" for me just my money refunded would be great. If it's taking so long does that mean it is happening more frequently and the investigation team is getting overwhelmed by the numbers ?

Sorry this didn't help.

signed

july 14th - still no response. this is getting out of hand

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. Account was compromised on July 28th. Luckily, the money has been refunded, but account is still transferred to Brazil.

Sorry this didn't help.

Crossing my fingers here. I'm a patient person, and I'd like to support xbox live, but this is silly. I don't know what else to do at this point to get my account back. :\

Sorry this didn't help.

It's a long wait for all of us but we can use that time pro actively warning everyone that no security safeguards are in place when your account has been compromised. I am certain our money will come back eventually and thankfully as a non console owner I do not suffer as bad as you guys but I certainly sympathise with you, it's like a treble punishment which is unfair. I've suggested a safeguard that would mean no money or points could be taken, so even if anyone bothered to access your account they could do very limited harm so just a password change and no need for the account to be closed while under investigation.

Tell everyone to remove their payment card details (especially if they have auto renewal) when get us to hand over money becomes a problem MS will put in a safeguard.

Sorry this didn't help.

My account was hacked on August 4th by someone in China, and I still to this day have not received a refund not am I able to play on Live. I filed a BBB complaint against XBOX on October 4th because Micro$oft will not cooperate in refunding/unlocking my account. I suggest head over to www.BBB.org and file your complaint as well.

Sorry this didn't help.