My account showing that I am online when my Xbox is off

I have had my brother and friends txt me while I am at work telling me I am online. I have auto-shutoff turned on so even if I left my Xbox on it would eventually turn off and when I get home it always is off but even when I confirm this they say it still shows I am online. If it was someone else using my account on a different Xbox I would get the popup informing me that my account was last used on another Xbox but that never happens. Is there some other reason it would say I am online even if I am not?

The most recent time is currently happening: My brother says I am currently on Hulu+ but my Xbox is currently off.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Do you have your Xbox live account linked to your computer or phone?  That might be why

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you have background downloading or cloud saves on, that could be causing it? Are you absolutely sure no one else is using your account on another Xbox? Did you recover at a friends, or could someone else be using your console?

Sorry this didn't help.

You could try using the Xbox 360 Profile Protection Utility. This will sign out your Xbox Live Profile on all consoles, and require you to download it again, and input your account credentials. This would ensure your profile is not being used from another console. To access this, click "My Account" in the upper right hand corner and press the "Xbox 360 Profile Protection" under the "Settings and Preferences" tab. If this does not work, you may need to contact Xbox Customer Support, or you could post back here.

Sorry this didn't help.

sounds like you have left your email linked to your gamertag signed in somewhere whether it be on a pc or your phone. so if you recently checked your email and did not log out this could be the reason???

Sorry this didn't help.