My account is lost and has been replaced by another.

The xbox live gold gamertag that I started last year was TheAnimalGirl, now as you can see it is ScrimpyBike685. This not a gamertag change because all my friends, purchases and achievements are gone. What happened was my xbox froze up in the middle of a game so I turned it off but when I turned it on my account was gone. I tried to recover it but ScrimpyBike685 showed up.

Any idea what happened, why and how do I fix it?

Some of the emails I get from Xbox are sent to ScrimpyBike685 and others are sent to TheAnimalGirl. This happened back around May, I've been to busy to work on the problem til now.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

If something has happened where the gamertag associated with your WLID has changed call customer support and ask about the gamertag that you did have. If there is a credit card attached to the account see if there has been any suspicious charges. If there haven't been, have them walk you through recovering the account. If there have been charges have them open up and Unauthorized Access investigation to find out what happened.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Gwyther,

TheAnimalGirl account is not on my console it was some how deleted. I checked ScrimpyBike685 WLID and it is connected to my email.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is TheAnimalGirl still on your console? If so, open up account management and look under WLID. Is this the email address you are using to try to recover the account?

Sorry this didn't help.

Something has happened to change the WLID you think is on the account. Verify your email address you logged in with, and try your others. If you feel that you have attempted all you can, contact Xbox support over the phone, verify the account and they can provide you the WLID on that account (if you pass the verification stage).

Sorry this didn't help.