My account is locked by my parents

I recently attempted to sign in to my Xbox live account to play a game. Upon selecting 'Sign In', a window appeared stating that the 'Xbox Live terms and conditions' had been changed, and that it was compulsory to accept them before continuing to use my account. I click Accept only to find that my Xbox account was backed up by my dads old work email that he no loner uses. My dad also no longer works for the same company that issued him the email address, therefore the email account no longer exists. Obviously my account settings are not aware of this problem.

I am currently unable to sign into my  Xbox live account and am in need of help. 

Please help me if anyone has any thoughts or solutions to the problem.

Thanks a heap

And a quick tip, DO NOT back up YOUR Xbox live account with your PARENTS. It is childish and stupid and will come back to bite you. No matter what age you are, your parents do not have a right to have any input into your belongings and accounts!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have your dad contact support as listed above as they will not assist you with changing the parental account.

No offence, but I find your statement that parents do not have a right to input about your belongings or accounts a little funny.  They do this to protect their kids against harmful situations or content.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello LUVODIUM. I am sorry to hear that you are heaving issues with your Live account. Try these links and see if they can help you out with your problem.

xbox.com/TOU

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

If all else fails I would recommend to call Microsoft them self and see if they can help you out over the phone.

Hope that helps. Have a good weekend.

Scooby Doo

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.