My account is just messed up

Hi,

I created years ago my account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** when I was a teenager in France, then I moved 3 years ago in London (UK) and bought an Xbox 360 here and then used my @hotmail.com account on my xbox live account where I managed to change the country (I think it's been set up when I activated my xbox live porfile because I was in the UK), but now that I relocated 3 months ago in Spain, and I just bought W8, I had to use an xbox/microsoft/hotmail acccount so I thought of using again the same account. Everything seemed to be fine until today when I couldn't listen to any music anymore, my free microsoft music pass thinking I was abroad for more than 2 weeks and therefore I have to upgrade. I think I found where to change it but it's requiring me to check to an (very old) *** Email address is removed for privacy *** address that I deleted years ago, in order to proceed changing country that I cannot do then. I asked to change this secondary email address but from what I understand it takes 1 MONTH to do so, really?
I thought of contacting the support (which weirdly switches to french to me although everything else is un en_GB) , but I HAVE to use the chat apparently and there's a minimum waiting queue of 55 minutes, really?!

So yeah, here I am trying to tell anyone here that ycould help me some this crazy country changing issue I have.

Cheers, 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

You may have deleted *** Email address is removed for privacy ***  but it has not deleted you. Go to account.live.com/password/reset and try to get back into it. Should that fail, use http://account.live.com/acsr and save all the email they send you. If the /acsr approach fails, well, call support via Request a Call at http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:6:0 - chat support will not be able to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I tried the reset and acsr solution and in both cases it just says the account (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) doesn't exist. Do I have to contact the UK call support to change country and try to fix this mess? This is crazy, microsoft handles so badly all of its different services, and it looks like it's even worse when it comes to a tricky country changing issue.

Thanks for your reply, btw!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, changing countries is not a walk in the park. Copyright laws drive this issue and they can be very different despite the best attempts to harmionize them. At this point I would ask for support from the UK Call Centre.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi nikospkrk,

It's quite possible by deleting the e-mail you may have lost the chance of actually being able to get into the account again...

The telephone number for the UK Call Center can be found below:

UK XBOX Support #: 020 7365 9792 or 0800 587 1102

Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
Saturday: 09:00-20:00
Sunday: 09:00-17:00

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you all for your answers but there's just no way I'm going to call the UK support from Spain. If I wait for a month then the changes will occur, right?

Cheers,

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, I have a good news and a bad one. The good news is that now my alternative address has been updated and I can receive the security codes Microsoft send to me, but the bad news is that I still cannot change country.

Even when I go to the billing information, I cannot change the country as there's no dropdown but only "United Kingdom" is shown.

I tried to update it everywhere I could to Spain, but for some reasons it's still "thinking" I belong to the UK.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't change the country yourself... Only phone support can do that for you. You will need to contact them and specifically tell them that you'd like to migrate your account region to Spain.

Sorry this didn't help.

And there's no other options than calling? I mean international calling is not cheap...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there nikospkrk! I'm afraid phone support is the only support channel that can help you here, you'll have to give them a call to take further steps.

Sorry this didn't help.