My account is basically on Lock over a promotion that MICROSOFT themselves had.

Few months back, Microsoft had a promotion of "One Month of Xbox Live Gold for $1". I caved in and purchased it (who wouldn't?) and clearly at the bottom page it said that only 5 months were allowed to be purchased. 

So, today I turn on my Xbox to purchase Bastion but I don't have any Microsoft Points. No problem. Account Management > Add Points > 800 points > ERROR

Won't allow me to purchase points period, so I call up Microsoft. Now my account is locked from purchasing anything due to "Suspicion of Fraudulent Activity" 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Contact your bank

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sounds like you owe money to Xbox.  You need to contact support and speak with billing.  When you purchase gold online, there is an auto renewal clause that states you agree to renew the gold each month for the regular price.

Sorry this didn't help.

Support gave you an accurate explanation, and while the situation may seem frustrating, one should consider this a "good thing."

Allow me to elaborate a bit.  I experienced the same issue several years ago after buying a 1400 MSP card on a Monday, then a 2800 MSP card on Wednesday and then after receiving my paycheck on the Thursday, another 1400 MSP card.  This set off a "flag" somewhere that fraudulent activity may have been taking place on my account and my account was "locked" just as yours has been.  While it was an inconvenience, as I was unable to purchase anything or have access to any of my DLC, it was, upon further reflection, something I ended up appreciating as it showed me that Microsoft is doing everything they can to protect me and my account from others that would do it harm.

My account was "locked" for approximately 10-14 days and returned to normal after it was determined that there was in fact nothing out of the ordinary and no fraudulent activity taking place.

So, if you're not doing anything that you shouldn't be doing, you have nothing to worry about and should get your account back soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

OP: What is the error code you got?

Sorry this didn't help.