My account info is apparently 'invalid', and now I can't get on it.

Just last night, technically even earlier this morning, I was playing xbox live with my friends. I tried to log on later today, and it stopped me from signing in, telling me that my 'account info was invalid'. I tried going on the xbox website (something I dreaded because from past experience the support is awful), to get into my account and figure out what is happening.

I tried logging in with the email that I KNOW i've been using for my account, when it then creates a new xbox live silver account for me (the one i'm using for this post). I even looked at the email adress and sure enough have found various xbox newsletters adressed to my gamertag that im trying to get back into. So now it seems that xbox.com doesn't even recognize the email address i've been using to get into my account, which is very frustrating since i've been using this one since 2007, and I have a lot of data saved there from other games.

I really don't want to have to make an entirely new gamertag, for reasons I just gave, but it looks like thats my only option because now it appears that I can never get back into my origional xbox live account. This is ridiculous on so many levels, that my account is just gone like that. My friend told me I would have to now purchase xbox live every few months from stores, but I can't even log into my origional gamertag, it just kicks me out. So I can't even do that to play it again.

Can anyone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You need to call support and make an unauthorized access claim.

Support has gotten better too ;-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.