My account has been under investigation for almost a month

Here's the situation my account was compromised on 08/11/1211. There was 60 dollars in fraudulent charges to my account witch means the debit card I had on file was compromised and I had it canceled. This investigation has taken much longer than it should in my opinion, It's now 09/07/11 and I am still blocked from my account witch is paid up till november of 2013 with pre paid cards. I have been a paying member of live for 8 years and really don't  think you are taking this problem very seriously. well I do I own 4 xbox 360 consoles 2 original xbox consoles and well over 30 games. I have supported you since the launch of xbox and have personally been an advocate for xbox and microsoft for 20 years. My jobs as a retail manager at toys r us and gamestop have given me the chance to tout the benefits of xbox and the saftey of your network and have been personaly responsible for many Xbox sales. but now that I am having problems and not being taken seriously it feels like a slap in the face. I have spent thousands of dollars on your products have a game room in my house that is wall to wall xbox with almost all the halo memorabilia available an xbox markee sign and promo posters from the launch of the 360. I want my money refunded and my account unlocked or I will leave the Xbox in the dust. Xbox customer service has been almost rude to me for the fact that I call and check the status of your investigation telling me to wait for an email to tell me how to recover my account. How about you scan my console and see that non of the fraudulent games or points have ever been downloaded to my console unlock my account and give me my money back. Im sick of the run around but do what you want and know your about to lose an 8 year member and any further advocacy from me

thank you for your time,

Chad McKinney

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 43 Applies to:

Hey there! Just a heads up, most investigation of this kind can take up to 30 days, more in some complex cases. I would give it a few more days and then call back with your SR# to ask what the status is. Thank you for your patience here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi DEF1, Mister Gwyther is correct =) To give you my story though, I had a really complex case and my account was locked/under investigation for about 2 months. They did compensate me for the time I had lost and I had nothing changed on my account. Just make sure to call back regularly to keep up on the status. Best of luck in getting it back soon =)

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks bro  its just annoying and the last 2 guys I talked to at xbox support about it were kind of douches so it pissed me off a bit thanks for the advice ...

Sorry this didn't help.

why should he have to keep calling back.  It is Microsofts fault, they should be the ones doing the leg work and calling people.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Sorry this didn't help.

kalozois: He doesn't have to call back, I'm simply saying if he wants updates or ETAs, phone support is the only one that can provide that information. Once the investigation is concluded, someone from the investigation team will contact him. So, again, he doesn't have to do anything AND we will contact him when the investigation is closed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey just wanted to chime in to tell everyone that Microsoft came through for me 110% they unlocked my account

and gave me a few kicka$$ perks.I wasnt mad at Microsoft I had just gotten 2 very rude tech support guys in a row and was frustrated by it. Today my account was unlocked and I called support to get all the refund stuff set up. the guy I talked to was cool as heII. "wish I could remember his name" we got everything squared away and talked about games for like 10 minutes. I've never had a problem with XBOX Support before and today really proved to me why I have supported XBOX and Microsoft since the beginning and will do so in the future

Thanks for the help,

Chad McKinney

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I'm at the 6 week mark so I guess it's time to start calling support again! Chad, was your gold account transferred to another Country? It looks like mine is now  in Columbia? What a mess!

Sorry this didn't help.

Good story, glad to hear you back online :)

Sorry this didn't help.

@ Craigun My account wasn't taken to another country they just used my debit card on file to purchase points bought some games and some how transferred it all to a different account. I had actually called in to have the investigation started and they locked my account to protect it from anymore problems until they could figure it all out. My advice is to keep in touch with support on a weekly basis, most of the support people are very helpful and truly understand the distress this can cause you. good luck with everything and keep me updated on your situation

Sorry this didn't help.

yea same thing has happened to me and  its been about a month it sucks and wish theyd get it done already since all my xbox live accounts are up  brother fiance step brother and was supposed to upgrade us to a family gold but have to wait till this investigation bs is done with

Sorry this didn't help.