My account got hacked.

My account got hacked/compromised at the end of December and the person that did so purchased 2 games with my credit card. I called xbox support and got the issue fixed. This happened again at the beginning of this week and person bought another game and used my ms points to buy dlc for this game. I once again called xbox support and got the issue fixed and got my ms points back. What i just said isn't why I'm posting this but it is the reason for it. I have found out who has been doing this and would like to see about getting them banned or at least have them face some sort of consequences. I'm not completely sure this was the right section to ask about this in but xbox support said to say something in the forums because they couldn't do anything from there. I would really like a response as soon as possible and would also hope that this person faces the worst consequences possible for this. I would once again like to say that I know exactly who did this; name, gamertag, and even know them personally and I know they are capable of doing this. I'm not including the info here because I wasn't sure if I should wait to say it when a support official responds to this. So please reply to this cause I would like to see some justice done. Thank you for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 647 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Only the enforcement team can deal with any bans or other suspensions, and the only way to reach them with this info would be to report that gamertag through your console reporting tools.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is that really the only way because on the console there is no option for fraud or hacking.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes. You would need to choose the closest applicable option.

Otherwise, if you lose your account to someone, you call support and open an "Unauthorized Access Claim"

Sorry this didn't help.

This is funny that your issue got fixed. When I called X-box reporting the same issue of being hacked they said right away this wasn't their fault and seeing the date you posted this makes me even more pissed at the response I got as I made the report on the 25th of January. The guy was no help at all and the credit card on file I finally got removed after putting my paypal as a replacement payment. The card that was on my profile was my mom's and I didn't have an x-box for months so this whole time X-box was pulling money off my mom's card. They said it wasn't their fault... Not their fault... I love X-box and I recently had to get rid of my X-box and now checking my profile here this thing had been pulling money for months and I had no idea it would do this.

So I am debating if I want anything to do with X-box. Not only could they not remove debit card that got robbed they wouldn't fix anything. I have finally the means to get another X-box, but why if they blame you for someone hacking your account and buying stuff? X-box, you made me mad and made me cry. Please fix this crap or your just going to lose another fan.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your subscription is quarterly or yearly, and if the agent won't let you take the time remaining on your subscription, then call for their supervisor. Under any circumstance they should help you remove the payment method and let you restart it with time from a prepaid code card, so your credit card, debit card and/or paypal should not be on your account if you don't want them to be on the account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Call microsoft again and have them open an investigation, a friend had something similar happen to him and they eventually banned the other person's console.  Not completely sure on how long it took or what further steps if any he had to take.

Sorry this didn't help.

what did you do

Sorry this didn't help.

AJ Xx Viper74, this is an old, cobwebbed post. If you have a question or a problem, please start your own new thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

if you live in the us and they HACKED to get your account you get get them in prison but you have to have proof.wont work if they just found your password or used the password recovery tools only if they used a hacking program

Sorry this didn't help.

I know dude hey if u microsoft account helper people assistants here

Please ban this person but the (MOD REMOVED)

(MOD REMOVED) lives in England I know he hacked it because

He messaged my accout (MOD REMOVED) ( standard name)

Anyways I got a measage saying " I hacked your account send me points"

Sorry this didn't help.