My Account doesn't show as a Gold account, even though I am a Gold Xbox Live member

The X Box Live Rewards page continually asks me to upgrade to Gold, although I am a member of an XBox Live Gold Family Account. I find these Gold Family accounts discriminate against anyone who isn't the primary member - why bother having a family account if every member doesn't get the same access. Also, everyone except the primary member is added automatically as a child, even though the vast majority of families have two adults. Even when I upgrade to an adult member on the family account, I still don't get the same benefits and can't do my own downloads.  I'm a 40 year old mother who has been gaming since long before I became a mother - at least 20 years - and it really annoys me when my husband has an adult account with all the perks because he is the primary member, however I am the one who pays the account, I'm also an adult, and I deserve the same rewards that he gets. If you are going to discriminate with these accounts, just get rid of them.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Unfortunately, there can only be one primary account. And as for your downloads problem, try checking your account privacy settings as downloading content maybe blocked still.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.