My account alias is not the same as my security email.

I'll cut right to the chase... I originally made my XboxLIVE account around 6 years ago under an email from verizon.net. (@verizon.net) It was a valid functioning email address and I had no problems. I never returned to the Xbox website or maintained my account, after that. I simply used my console free of worry. Times have changed drastically, since then and the protocols, terminology and formatting have all understandably undergone radical changes AND Verizon, the company that used to be my Email provider, no longer provides my Email. Now, my Xbox is pestering me about new terms of service and security proofs and verifying my account Alias. I tried just earlier today to log in to my old Email address and it gave me this neat message: https://signin.verizon.com/sso/authsso/showVzMessage.jsp . None of those links work, by the way. So, I went on to my Microsoft account online and tried getting rid of my old account that didn't exist and adding a new alias, one that is my new email address. (Gmail, which also happens to be my security Email for the account) But, as it turns out, you can't delete your old alias unless you put up a new one and you can't put up a new one unless you verify your old one. And my old one is so incredibly gone forever that nobody has any way of accessing it. So, to recap...

I made my account a longass time ago and it was fine. I neglected to watch for updates and changes in the way accounts were handled on both the Microsoft side and the Verizon side. Verizon's Email service went belly-up in my region and the company that took over doesn't seem to be around, anymore either. If you Google " ncnetwork " (The company mentioned in the link that I provided) you will be directed to another broken link. My account changed hands until it was forgotten about. Now, I can't move on and put in my new valid Email because the ghosts of my past are haunting me. X-D Any and all help would be appreciated. Try to get back to me soon, as I'd like to use my account again. But, I understand that this is probably a most unusual issue. (At least I hope so, this is a pain.)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Not that unusual, I had a similar issue with a typo, the account was set up a few years ago, never noticed the typo until the new security issues wouldnt let me log in because I couldnt get the codes sent to my email, basically because the email didnt exist.

Anyway got in touch with support who sorted it, as long as you can tell them the gamer tag etc.

Still shows the old email as an alias but Im led to believe it takes 30 days for this to change

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Right, it seems you will unlikely be able to change these things by yourself, so Phone Support is a good suggestion.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree w/ Maxen13

Sorry this didn't help.