my 4th red ring on the same xbox

i got the red ring of death for the 4th time i would thing that xbox would have fixed it right the first time but no 3 more red rings and no warranty thats a great way to treat someone thank you

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Unfortunately it happend to me 3 times as well........third time I got it fixed got rid of it and bought a new slim....No issues now.

You mioght want to consider that.

Yea, I would say it's time to pitch the old xbox and splurge for a newer slim.  Not only (in my opinion) do they look nicer, but there are far less problems in relation to them.

It is highly unlikely that it's the same 360. In fact, it's very probably not. When MS gets a unit in for repair, they transfer the licenses & send you one that has already been fixed to speed up the process. Then, once yours is repaired, they send it to someone else. I've actually heard of people who've sent in limited edition consoles & got regular ones back.

I think that people who constantly go thru Xbox after Xbox, need to take a step back and see what's happening on there end. No one has that much bad luck without a cause. The OP may want to check the electrical outlets in the home or the surge protector, something.

General cause of red ring is over heating...the old xboxs aren't meant to be play more that a couple hours at a time, that's why I suggested upgrading. Less issues with the newer systems. And slo when you send an xbox in for  repair you do not get the same one back it is a refurbished one.

It's happen to me before. I've gone through 4 or 5 on old refurbished ones microsoft keeps sending me. It's frustrating but can't complain since they've all been replaced for free. After the last rrod I got, I decided to buy a second console. So far so good. I've had it for almost 3 years and still going strong.

Iv'e had 2 RROD first was an og, then a halo. Then I got the arcade with the jasper chipset and it stills runs but I have a slim 250.

wow that's horrible luck!!!!!!

[quote user="Puma Kane"]

I think that people who constantly go thru Xbox after Xbox, need to take a step back and see what's happening on there end. No one has that much bad luck without a cause. The OP may want to check the electrical outlets in the home or the surge protector, something.

[/quote]

I've had three fail on me, and I take meticulous care of all my electronics. My consoles are in no way being deprived of air circulation and are all plugged into power conditioners (not cheap surge protectors) that would alert me to any electrical issues and shut down if need be. None of my other consoles or other equipment has failed on me, other than the original Xbox (go figure). I hate to tell you, but sometimes an unreliable product is actually the cause.

mass effect 3 has some nice consoles... terrible game but the console look awesome.